Handcent and Droid X

LRstar1803

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X yesterday....my friend told me to download handcent so that I can set different notfication tones for different people and customize conversations. It has worked great...however how do I turn off the Droid notifications?? I am still getting the other notifcation on top of the Handcent notifcation. It's playing 2 ringtones and showing 2 text icons at the top. I've looked to see if you can turn off the notifications on the Droid and I can't seem to find it...maybe I'm over looking it, but can anyone help me out?!?

jloya

Reaction score
I had the same problem when i got my X a few days ago as well. Open the default messenger and hit the bottom left hand hard key (the one with 4 little squares) from there select message settings. This should allow you to turn off the notifications only leaving the handcent notifications.

lDemon

Reaction score
you have to go into the regular messaging app and then into messaging settings>text messaging settings>notifications=uncheck

Your welcome :)

Update: im sorry the regular messaging app i speak of is called Text Messaging

OP
L

LRstar1803

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Works perfectly now! I appreciate the help!

yankscool

Reaction score
Ilike the look of handcent, but I cant access my favorites list. I'm kinda new at all this. Is there a way to access or set up a favorites list for the app? Thanks!:blackdroid:

WesleyJ

Reaction score
Can you change the name of the app? like from handcent to perhaps "texts"

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ilike the look of handcent, but I cant access my favorites list. I'm kinda new at all this. Is there a way to access or set up a favorites list for the app? Thanks!:blackdroid:

When you go to compose a new text, there is a green + on the far right in the To line...click on this and then select the group tab at the top...all of your groups from your contacts will be here...check mark the group or groups you want and then back out...You can also select multiple people from the contact tab by placing a checkmark beside who you want...

michelle4439

Reaction score
I did not realize you could do a group list for handcent. Thanks for the post. I have a droid x and I tried to do a text from a group list. I do see where I can select anyone from my contact list but is there a way to select someone from your favorites in your phonebook? I do also see where you can select from groups and then put a check mark there but when I check beside friends or family it doesn't do anything. Thanks for your help.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I did not realize you could do a group list for handcent. Thanks for the post. I have a droid x and I tried to do a text from a group list. I do see where I can select anyone from my contact list but is there a way to select someone from your favorites in your phonebook? I do also see where you can select from groups and then put a check mark there but when I check beside friends or family it doesn't do anything. Thanks for your help.

Not that I have found...it would be a cool feature if you could pick contacts from the group without having to search thru a long contact list...

dkst0426

Reaction score
Is there a way to set separate notification tones for each group, like to have a separate SMS/MMS tone for my family group and coworkers group?