clear default messaging

michelle4439

Reaction score
I have handcent downloaded on my phone. I use it and not the default. If you go into your contacts and try to send a text message from there it will give you the option to select regular or handcent. Well I was trying to select handcent and make it my default but hit reugular instead. Now when I try to do a text from the contacts it automatically goes to the regular text. Can someone please tell me how to get it to where it will give me the option to choose handcent or regular again? Thanks for any help.

Also I tried all of your suggestions yesterday with my email notification and can not find out how to change the led color. I do not even know how the led light got on there. I downloaded k9 and it did not even work on my phone and I downloaded missed call but could not find an email notification on it. droid x

Humpa

Reaction score
I have handcent downloaded on my phone. I use it and not the default. If you go into your contacts and try to send a text message from there it will give you the option to select regular or handcent. Well I was trying to select handcent and make it my default but hit reugular instead. Now when I try to do a text from the contacts it automatically goes to the regular text. Can someone please tell me how to get it to where it will give me the option to choose handcent or regular again? Thanks for any help.

Also I tried all of your suggestions yesterday with my email notification and can not find out how to change the led color. I do not even know how the led light got on there. I downloaded k9 and it did not even work on my phone and I downloaded missed call but could not find an email notification on it. droid x
Uninstall k9 and missed call and see if the pink led is gone.

I'm not familiar with which apps have an email notification color setting. I thought someone said handcent did, but I think that is just for sms/mms messages and not email

And for clearing "defaults" (like which app is default sms), go to Settings > Manage Applications > click on the app that is set for default sms. On that screen for managing that app, you will see a button that says "clear defaults". Click that and you should be good to go - it will ask you again next time you click on a contact's sms link.