Had to share this:

Reaction score
Hrmm... how many ways can i disguise a thread arguing what phone sucks more? :wacko: OH, I KNOW!

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
This is what really stuck out to me: I dont really care as much about what he said on the other phones.

Not to mention the software on the Nexus which is obviously 4.0 has been built
around that specific hardware. So if Google optimized ICS for that specific
hardware setup that shows you something. It will run better on that setup then
any other around. Not to mention you can OEM unlock the Nexus and you'll have to
wait for exploits . To me the
superior device is so obvious. . The development
community is going to be absolutely HUGE on the Nexus, I am willing to bet it's
going to be the biggest development community on a VZW phone since the original
Moto DROID

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I fully agree with that. I just don't think the RAZR people understand how big of a improvement ICS is!
Here is a quote from P3Droid:
2 Day verdict - I can not in good conscious recommend any device that does not have ICS, Folks its really that good...
He has always liked Motorola but ICS made him switch.
Here's a few other quotes about the Galaxy Nexus:
Okay normal usage of phone..2 hrs and battery dropped 6% pretty damn good.
Thats looks like its going to be some good battery life!!
Mine is not consumer, so I can't say, but i've heard its been upped to 1850...but I've not confirmed that.
He also said emails render fully instead of a zoomed in view.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's anything we haven't said 100 times already.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^Eh, it's still fun to keep the juices flow'n while we wait!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im weary of waiting; the silence from vzw and samsung making it a little tougher :angry:. But we wait together and soon our day will come.

ruvy01

Reaction score
im weary of waiting; the silence from vzw and samsung making it a little tougher :angry:. But we wait together and soon our day will come.

walked into a verizon store today to look at razr.... i think its way to thin for my liking..performance wise its amazing..even the camera was amazing and crisp.. anywho i asked the manager if he knew a date for galaxy nexus..cuz the nonremovable battery kills the phone for me..and he got all pissed of saying he doesnt think i'tll be out this month... made me lol:biggrin:

Creed

Reaction score
The reason I am going with the Nexus over the others devices is simple (outside of unlocked bootloader and stuff, updates don't matter since I will run CM)

The battery life is good. (Razr apparently loses 40% from 1 hour of internet usage on LTE)
And it is thiner than the rezound. (Its almost twice the thickness of the Razr.)

I honestly do not understand why the Rezound is so thick, it has a small battery compared to the two thinner devices, it is clocked higher than the nexus but that shouldn't make much of a difference.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Where is this posted at?

I fully agree with that. I just don't think the RAZR people understand how big of a improvement ICS is!
Here is a quote from P3Droid:
He has always liked Motorola but ICS made him switch.
Here's a few other quotes about the Galaxy Nexus:

Thats looks like its going to be some good battery life!!

He also said emails render fully instead of a zoomed in view.

Gmansurge

Reaction score
Remember the Razr gets ICS early next year. I like the Nexus just doesn't have what I want. Motorola has updated the OS on my X twice, so I expect the upgrades to the Razr as advertised.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

drewrivera

Reaction score
this is great debating here folks. mind if i put some say? does anyone feel that regardless of nexus being a google phone, motorola will also have first dibs on software and ota because of there partnership that happened recently this year? i am a moto fan and still rocking the og. i do want the razr but that bootloader is killing me. and i would have to see how not being able to pull out a battery works on rooted phones. yo tberg, thanks for the 411. don't get discouraged with these posts. just words.;)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk