Had to share this:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I grabbed this post from another forum because I so strongly agree with it. The thread was another Razr vs Rezound vs Nexus debate. Sums things up pretty well dontcha think?!

The Nexus is far superior in EVERY aspect. Even in specs. Nexus has OMAP 4460
Razr has OMAP 4430 and Rezound has the same ol MSM8660. The Nexus is
UNDERCLOCKED at 1.2 ghz and the 4460 usually runs at 1.5 ghz stock. Not to
mention the software on the Nexus which is obviously 4.0 has been built around
that specific hardware. So if Google optimized ICS for that specific hardware
setup that shows you something. It will run better on that setup then any other
around. Not to mention you can OEM unlock the Nexus and you'll have to wait for
exploits on the Rezound and the Razr you'll get some awful bootstrap application
that won't even save you in a soft brick situation. To me the superior device is
so obvious. The Razr is clearly marketed towards the average everyday user who
just wants to make calls/text browse the web and do dumb things like Facebook.
The Rezound will most likely be able to do the same things that the Nexus will
be able to do though as long as it gets s-off (which I'm pretty sure it will,
but when will it is the question). The development community is going to be
absolutely HUGE on the Nexus, I am willing to bet it's going to be the biggest
development community on a VZW phone since the original Moto DROID. Once again
the choice is a no brainer to me and the majority of the people I know in the
community. Nobody wants that crappy Razr and HTC does have nice hardware but
they really need to switch up their style of devices. They are sexy as hell but
the same old style is getting old IMO. Time for a little change HTC!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337375 (post #9)

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First good write up can you post the source. Second I agree; I think htc lost a few customers with how the did them with the tbolt. Right now people are awaiting the gnexus and I think it will live up to the hype. I look at the original nexus and it has stood the test of time. Lets compare the specs of the og nexus to the tbolt.

HTC Google Nexus One

2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - for AT&T, Rogers Wireless
Announced2010, January
StatusAvailable. Released 2010, January

Dimensions119 x 59.8 x 11.5 mm
Weight130 g

TypeAMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches (~252 ppi pixel density)
- Multi-touch input method (via firmware update)
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Touch-sensitive controls
- Trackball navigation
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

Alert typesVibration, MP3 ringtones
LoudspeakerYes
3.5mm jackYes, check quality

PhonebookPractically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call recordsPractically unlimited
Internal512MB RAM, 512MB ROM
Card slotmicroSD, up to 32GB, 4GB included, buy memory

GPRSClass 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGEClass 10, 236.8 kbps
3GHSDPA 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g
BluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DP
Infrared portNo
USBYes, microUSB v2.0

Primary5 MP, 2560х1920 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
FeaturesGeo-tagging
VideoYes, D1 (720x480 pixels)@min. 20fps
SecondaryNo

OSAndroid OS, v2.1 (Eclair)
CPU1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon chipset
MessagingSMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
BrowserHTML
RadioFactory locked by default, can be enabled
GamesYes + downloadable
ColorsBrown (teflon coating)
GPSYes, with A-GPS support
JavaYes, via Java MIDP emulator
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated microphone
- Digital compass
- Dedicated search key
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail
- YouTube, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- MP3/eAAC+/WAV music player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 video player
- Voice memo

Standard battery, Li-Ion 1400 mAh
Stand-byUp to 290 h (2G) / Up to 250 h (3G)
Talk timeUp to 10 hours (2G) / Up to 7 hours (3G)
Music playUp to 20 hours

SAR US 0.37 W/kg (head) 0.74 W/kg (body)

Thunderbolt:
Networks:LTE 700, CDMA EvDO revA
Platform:Android™ 2.2 + HTC Sense™
Current software number: 1.70.605.0
Display:4.3” WVGA TFT capacitive touch screen
Camera:8MP with autofocus, LED Flash (2x LED), 1.3MP front facing camera
Memory:8GB emmc + 768 RAM Memory card, preinstalled 32 GB microSD™
WLAN:802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth:2.1 with EDR (3.0 when available)
GPS:GPS/AGPS
Battery:1400 mAh
Special features:Dual mics with noise cancellation, Surround sound, Compass sensor, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM slot , TI audio DSP
Chipset:Qualcomm® MSM8655, 1GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600

I cant wait for the Nexus.

Last edited:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude but we already know this stuff. Specs aren't what make people choose a device...or at least the average user (who will be (90% of the people who buy it). And this still won't stop people from buying the RAZR. It's got kevlar backing, slimness, made by Motorola so it's probably durable, a nice screen etc. So yeah this seems like a troll post to me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry bout that cleaned up the double post and the gibberish at the beginning of the nexus one specs.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't mean to be rude but we already know this stuff. Specs aren't what make people choose a device...or at least the average user (who will be (90% of the people who buy it). And this still won't stop people from buying the RAZR. It's got kevlar backing, slimness, made by Motorola so it's probably durable, a nice screen etc. So yeah this seems like a troll post to me.

No, not a troll! Maybe if I put it in the Razr section it would be! Yea, its nothing earth shattering but I just thought the post summed everything up pretty well so I wanted to share it. Not trying to start any fights!

Gmansurge

Reaction score
I've already ordered the Razr. It's thin, kevlar cover, nano technology moisture proof, and Moto has so many accessories to support their phones. I am getting the Lapdock and the regular dock too. Samsung can't touch Moto in this area.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've already ordered the Razr. It's thin, kevlar cover, nano technology moisture proof, and Moto has so many accessories to support their phones. I am getting the Lapdock and the regular dock too. Samsung can't touch Moto in this area.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You have a good device and its all about what is the best device for YOU. And for once I am excited that our community allows for options where people can say "Ill have that". To quote burger king "you can have it your way".

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I got the post from the xda forum and I thought it was well put so I shared it here. I posted it in the Nexus section and not in the Razr or Rezound section trying to rub anything in anyones face! There are other threads that could be called touchy out there: "Am I the only one who thinks the Razr is better than the Nexus" for example. I dont really see what the problem is here??

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you're posting this because people in the RAZR forum think the RAZR is better than the GN??? Okay power to you I guess. People in the RAZR forums may think their device is better and people here in the GN may think the GN is better. This doesn't mean either device is better. My point is just to let it go. Go for the one you like the best and think nothing of it. Specs don't make the device. It's the looks, feel, and performance. Anything can look good on paper.

666ogre666

Reaction score
I think the post has merit and I for one am glad he has shared it. It seems like legitimate information and sums up why the power user (otherwise known as most of the forum users) would want the Gnex rather then the other options. The information was put forth in a concise and easy to understand manner and showed the inherent differences between the devices. Regardless of whether or not the info is available elsewhere it does a good job comparing the three superphones on the horizon and I for one feel just that much more confident in my decision to buy this phone.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So you're posting this because people in the RAZR forum think the RAZR is better than the GN??? Okay power to you I guess. People in the RAZR forums may think their device is better and people here in the GN may think the GN is better. This doesn't mean either device is better. My point is just to let it go. Go for the one you like the best and think nothing of it. Specs don't make the device. It's the looks, feel, and performance. Anything can look good on paper.

No, my point was other threads like this exist but no one blew a gasket over them! :p

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I think the post has merit and I for one am glad he has shared it. It seems like legitimate information and sums up why the power user (otherwise known as most of the forum users) would want the Gnex rather then the other options. The information was put forth in a concise and easy to understand manner and showed the inherent differences between the devices. Regardless of whether or not the info is available elsewhere it does a good job comparing the three superphones on the horizon and I for one feel just that much more confident in my decision to buy this phone.

Like! (for some reason your "like" button doesnt show up for me!) lol

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

+1 on that. Plus i think mods battling in threads like this is not serving any positive point.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 on that. Plus i think mods battling in threads like this is not serving any positive point.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

You are right, my apologies. Thread cleaned. Back on topic.