Hack to speed up 3G

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I am sure verizon put something in the small print (so to speak) and was wondering if anyone knew a way to successfuly speed up 3G data?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure you can.....HTC recently released a "hack" for that though....search for Thunderbolt ;)

Reaction score
Nitriscript will work just as well for D2. It's not device specific. Just dl to your pc, connect phone via pc, run the exe. it doesn't even need to be un-rared. Just follow instructions. Pretty simple.

edit: it claims to unthrottle, not speed up, but logically, going from 60 kBs (highest dl rate I saw before using) to 300+ kBs (highest after use) will speed up surfing. I found nominal increase while surfing phones browser, but the rate of dl via tether became quite appreciable

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
This sounds great! To bad I am not at home to test it now. I imagine this is done to help them decrease load on the network. If so ATT should take a lesson.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure VZW doesn't know about this nor would they appreciate it.....I take it AT&T has issues with the network.

Reaction score
Well, i'm bored, so wether you appreciate it or not:

edit: see TheSavageSquid's Nitriscript post in D2 Hacks section.

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
This sounds great! To bad I am not at home to test it now. I imagine this is done to help them decrease load on the network. If so ATT should take a lesson.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure VZW doesn't know about this nor would they appreciate it.....I take it AT&T has issues with the network.

Well, i'm bored, so wether you appreciate it or not:

http://db.tt/RzblpOS

I just realized that my post, which was responding to Xplorer, looks like I am bashing your Nitriscript. I am not. I also realized in re-reading Xplorer's post that I misread it. I thought you were saying that "this is done..." (this being the nitriscript).....needless to say I realize I was wrong.

My apologies...this is awesome and I appreciate it.

Thanks for the link too.....guess we are happy you are bored dancedroid

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So all we do is unzip the file on our computers, connect phone, and run NitriScript.exe? Is there a specific mode the phone has to be in?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Thanks for the script. I will test this out asap.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums