Gunk stuck under my slider?

Flux

Reaction score
I've recently noticed that when I go to slide the keyboard out it jumps a little and isn't so smooth. Also gets stuck when using a small amount of force. I've looked through it but can't tell if there's anything there or know what to use. It's bothering me quite a bit. This ever happen to anyone else?

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jackzor

Reaction score
You need to be careful about sand and dirt.. that's most lily what it is. If I were you I would claim warranty. If you can't do that get to work on disassembly. If it breaks file insurance.

OP
Flux

Flux

Reaction score
That's weird. I always keep it on my desk or in my pocket... and I don't get near any dirt haha. So maybe its lint or something. Because I know I can't take this apart.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I've recently noticed that when I go to slide the keyboard out it jumps a little and isn't so smooth. Also gets stuck when using a small amount of force. I've looked through it but can't tell if there's anything there or know what to use. It's bothering me quite a bit. This ever happen to anyone else?

Thanks for any advice.

mine does the same thing. i dont work in such a clean environment so i figured it was dirt. i blew it out with some canned air but its still a little sticky.
i agree, i would claim defect and get a new one.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you still have the plastic stuck to the back of the front slide? I noticed that it was kind of gunking up, so I removed it. It will cause the slide to stick.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Do you still have the plastic stuck to the back of the front slide? I noticed that it was kind of gunking up, so I removed it. It will cause the slide to stick.

i dont but thanks

OP
Flux

Flux

Reaction score
Must be dirt or something. Dunno how anything got in my pockets though. I'm a pretty clean person.

/disappointed

mack19318

Reaction score
My D1is the same way. When sliding the keyboard out feels gritty. And even with case from moto on it I have some how gotten stuff into the edges around the screen! And dust under the screen itself!
Any good ideas on cleaning or preventing this for next phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Flux

Flux

Reaction score
My D1is the same way. When sliding the keyboard out feels gritty. And even with case from moto on it I have some how gotten stuff into the edges around the screen! And dust under the screen itself!
Any good ideas on cleaning or preventing this for next phone?

Put it in a plastic bubble, sealing it from the outside elements.

mack19318

Reaction score
Lmao! "Bubble Droid" for the overly protective Droid owner

slimpirudude

Reaction score
On my global I have noticed when keyboard is slid all way up, it appears to be cocked. Not even on both sides. Ideas for a fix?

bitojoe

Reaction score
Hey guys before you guys claim warrenty theres a much simplier way to fix it. Its happened to me over 5 times and every tim i get some hard cardstock notecards or something like it and brush it under there to see if theres anything! Usually its a piece of small paper that somehow got in my pocket or lint or something random. Easy fix! Just gotta work at it a little

OP
Flux

Flux

Reaction score
Hey guys before you guys claim warrenty theres a much simplier way to fix it. Its happened to me over 5 times and every tim i get some hard cardstock notecards or something like it and brush it under there to see if theres anything! Usually its a piece of small paper that somehow got in my pocket or lint or something random. Easy fix! Just gotta work at it a little

I did that for a good hour before posting. I don't think you can get sand out that way.

gthotie5

Reaction score
My D2s keyboard didn't seem even either.

OP
Flux

Flux

Reaction score
Well I got some computer cleaner (the compressed air cans) and it seems to be working a little better. So it'll do for now.