For anyone having slider/screen wobble issues

jgleit

Reaction score
I've noticed that my Droid's slider isn't exactly.. tight. It may be due to the fact that I've dropped in a few times, but oh well. Sometimes the bottom-right of the screen will wobble a bit, and say for instance if I click the back button there will be a slight wobble and I can hear a "tap." A little annoying, so I decided to try and fix things myself.

I first took a 1 inch piece of electric tape and stuck it straight in the center of the back of the screen when the slider is up. Then i took a 2.5 inch piece of electrical tape and stuck it on top of that. When I slide my phone back down, the wobble is gone! The phone feels much sturdier like this.

So, hopefully this helps someone out there who has the same problem i had! :motdroidvert:

raspy7

Reaction score
Yeah mine is doing the same thing, I thought about taking it back and getting a new one. I got the droid the day after it came out, and had one exchange.... Will the tape ware off and leave a sticky residue? Oh and I've dropped mine about three times but I always have a case on.

Last edited:
OP
J

jgleit

Reaction score
Well, I've had this on for about 3 weeks now and there have been no signs of wear on the tape. I haven't noticed any dust appearing on the edges, or the edges getting worn. I'm just using some generic brand electrical tape too. I imagine that if you did take off the tape, there might be some slight residue but I'm sure it wouldn't be any problem to take off.

amyk

Reaction score
I said something about the same issue when I was in the store, and was told unless it's affects performance/function, they won't exchange it===grrrr

montlyfool

Reaction score
got a replacement

I dropped mine a couple times but still in the case. The screen came loose and had that clicky sound. I took it back after only 4 days and got a replacement on the spot. This one has no issues. Seems that even a small drop will loosen the screen on some.

mgb82

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Tape solution works great! Thanks

I've noticed that my Droid's slider isn't exactly.. tight. It may be due to the fact that I've dropped in a few times, but oh well. Sometimes the bottom-right of the screen will wobble a bit, and say for instance if I click the back button there will be a slight wobble and I can hear a "tap." A little annoying, so I decided to try and fix things myself.

I first took a 1 inch piece of electric tape and stuck it straight in the center of the back of the screen when the slider is up. Then i took a 2.5 inch piece of electrical tape and stuck it on top of that. When I slide my phone back down, the wobble is gone! The phone feels much sturdier like this.

So, hopefully this helps someone out there who has the same problem i had! :motdroidvert:

jkwakopo

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Tape solution works great! Thanks

My fourth droid is arriving today due to this problem with other voice quality issues.. Mine always clicks and it feels like BB Storm.. I hate it... I ljf;lasjksa;ljfkasf hate it...