GummyJAR Feature Request

blulite

Reaction score
Any chance we can get VoiceCommands.apk working? It's the Nuance voice command module that works over bluetooth.

You can push the VoiceCommands.apk into your apps via the terminal emulator. Put the apk on the root of your sdcard and do this...

- su
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- cp /sdcard/VoiceCommands.apk /system/app/VoiceCommands.apk
- mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
- exit

Worked for me!

Excellent, so I've got it working, but not with Bluetooth. If I press the button on my bluetooth headset it brings up Voice Command, then bluetooth disconnects. All works fine if I don't use the headset. Ideas?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Any chance we can get VoiceCommands.apk working? It's the Nuance voice command module that works over bluetooth.

You can push the VoiceCommands.apk into your apps via the terminal emulator. Put the apk on the root of your sdcard and do this...

- su
- exit

Worked for me!

Excellent, so I've got it working, but not with Bluetooth. If I press the button on my bluetooth headset it brings up Voice Command, then bluetooth disconnects. All works fine if I don't use the headset. Ideas?

Hmmm, I can do some digging through the stock system files and see if it needs something for that but I can't make any promises.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunatly, I couldn't find anything :[. Sorry man, I looked throught the bin and lib files and nothing jumped out at me.

blulite

Reaction score

- su
- exit

Worked for me!

Hmmm, I can do some digging through the stock system files and see if it needs something for that but I can't make any promises.

Works fine in Fission, I think it's a problem with BT on GummyJAR 2.1. I've opened a new thread.

quickgiant

Reaction score
Have you considered Droid 2 Global support? I just got one of these for Christmas, and the only rom available for it right now is Fission. I don't know what changes you would have to make in the rom, but it would be worth a shot. I would even be willing to beta test it.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
can we change the font in our settings? or is it a theme or rom that im seeing that uses the different fonts?

dstortz

Reaction score
Is there a chance of you being able to add the Universal Inbox that was there with 2.3 stock.

That is the only thing that I miss from having Squid's

D

nelboy

Reaction score
Would like to have corporate sync so I can sync more than the last 30 days with exchange and have better control over what folders to sync.

neverknow

Reaction score
Would love to see...

Clock that works out of the box with Voice Action "Set Alarm" - The only one that I've found to work is in this post, but if there's a new apk, please include it.
[GINGERBREAD] [Official] Android Clock Which Accepts Google Voice Actions - xda-developers

I would also love to have auto brightness adjust to a lower setting.
Peter Alfonso

Like the search function that comes with using the blur version of email, but prefer the look of blurless email. Is there another way to search your non-gmail email?

Thanks for the awesome work!

microsnook

Reaction score
Clock that works out of the box with Voice Action "Set Alarm" - The only one that I've found to work is in this post, but if there's a new apk, please include it.
[GINGERBREAD] [Official] Android Clock Which Accepts Google Voice Actions - xda-developers

I would also love to have auto brightness adjust to a lower setting.
Peter Alfonso

Like the search function that comes with using the blur version of email, but prefer the look of blurless email. Is there another way to search your non-gmail email?

Thanks for the awesome work!

There is a new fix for the GB keyboard! That should also be included.

Awesome, awesome call on the minimum brightness patch! We definitely should include that!

whezzel

Reaction score
I don't no if anyone else has this problem but maybe a fix for the 50% time without signal bug. Really kills my battery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Azurikai

Azurikai

Reaction score
I don't no if anyone else has this problem but maybe a fix for the 50% time without signal bug. Really kills my battery

I have just fine reception with this rom, I don't think anything can even be edited baseband wise with the d2 so a rom shouldn't really affect the signal? Correct me if I'm wrong

Droid does Tapatalk

OP
Azurikai

Azurikai

Reaction score
can we change the font in our settings? or is it a theme or rom that im seeing that uses the different fonts?
You can change your font through apps like absolute tools

Droid does Tapatalk

whezzel

Reaction score

I have just fine reception with this rom, I don't think anything can even be edited baseband wise with the d2 so a rom shouldn't really affect the signal? Correct me if I'm wrong

Droid does Tapatalk

Idk. I no its something with the rom tho cuz it was a big issue on the eris with android 2.1 roms. They fixed it somehow. I have 4 bars everywhere I go. Idk. Go to settings>about phone>battery usage>cell standby and see whet ur phone says

whezzel

Reaction score
Rotary lockscreen that works and with a pixel density of 200?