Gummy and Bluetooth MAP service

Reaction score
I installed Gummy 2.1 - fell in love, simply awesome. I later discovered that it wouldn't read aloud text messages anymore via bluetooth in a Ford Sync equipped vehicle.

I initially thought this was a Blur feature, but some research revealed that it wasn't.

It looks like, whatever it is, is part of com.motorola.bluetoothdun, as read in this thread.

Since it appears it's been stripped from the GummyJar ROM, I'm curious if there is any way to put it back in on an individual basis as not everyone needs that capability.

any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

coupe68gt390

Reaction score
Same issue here

I too love GJ 2.5, but have a Ford with SYNC and miss this feature. I've had this sameissue on ApeX roms, but you can just use scripts and switch to the Blur text app to get it working. I've seen threads that say you need 2-3 different apks to get it working right. I think they were Conversations.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk, but can't remember if there wereany others needed. I use Handcent SMS for my texts and wish it offered the Bluetooth connectivity so I wouldn't need all the other crap.
Anyone know of another app to add the feature without the Blur junk?

OP
R
Reaction score
anyone...anyone...Beuller? If you happen to remember what the threads were that discussed the needed APK's, let us know. Thanks.