GTalk tp76 style(thats's inverted for those not in the know... black bg, white text

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
punctuation sucks sometimes..lol It's fixed.

destinydmm

Reaction score
I installed on RootzBoat v6.1 (4.0.3) and tried both the first link and the one for 4.0.3 and my Talk app FCs. Any ideas as to why that would happen?

webmastir

Reaction score
Weird. I've been using this on several ROMs (tho haven't used RootzBoat) w/o any issues.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am only guessing here based on me going and seeing the changelog for rooz boat. It has a special Gapps package by Kejar. So, I am guessing he either changed something about it or, it's now installing to data instead os system and when you install this they are coexisting and not working.

CHeck yourdata folder. If its in there delete it. If not, try going into the application manager in settings and clearing data (for that app) and then uninstalling it via the option in there unless its greyed out. If that's the case then go into the system folder and delete it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol.. howdy! glad to see you found it.

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
Just tried the 4.0.2 version on my stock nexus. Ive got black at the screen to select contacts and chats, but once i get into a chat, Ive got white bg with white words.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im going to look at it.... there are 3 links in my OP... which one did you download and use? (I know it wasn't the third one :) )

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
I used the second. Your chat select looks nice and dark, the text input box is also correct. Its just that main conversation screen that's white.

Tried 4.0.3 for good measure and it doesn't even show up as installed. If I get a second here I'll try your first link.

EDIT: Just tried the first link. Still getting the white.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
One last update. I did a nandroid restore and tried again. Did talk, mms, and gmail all at once, and viola! All blacked out. I think the difference may have been the odex file.

Donation incoming once I get home, for the great themes, and for the quick response.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
crap.. thats my bad man! I should have caught the stock rooted. You mentioned it and it went over my head. COuld have saved you a few attempts there :)