GTalk tp76 style(thats's inverted for those not in the know... black bg, white text

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's the next app in my line of succession (kinda feel like the theme section is my own personal area at this point...lol

GTalkInverse.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Screenshot... this screen is of the conversation area.. the main area just leaves too much stuff to black out to not show names...lol its black though.

An even blacker Gtalk... this is about as inverted as an app can be without getting into framework edits and making it ROM specific. If you see white in that screen below, it's gone with this zip

GTalk 4.0.2 - Most Updated

Here is the GTalk app for those of you who are running a 4.0.3 version of ICS

GTalk 4.0.3 - Most Updated

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I should mention that 1 item eluded me and B-Boy helped me out. He pointed me to some random arse file in smali at line 3500 and something.. then i trial and errored it from green, to red to black. Otherwise, id still be scratching my head on that one.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Looks great, thanks xkape!!

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
he's on here. We both help each other out when need be. EmericanX is his name here. And yes, you do need a Nexus!

pyro6128

Reaction score
Do we need to flash this or can it be installed like a regular apk? Sick job btw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can flash it or adb push it.. i did not make this for non root users.. intersting idea though!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, I'm just now seeing this - awesome work (and thanks for the plug) :crazy:

webmastir

Reaction score
Great job on these. They go well with my TweetDark + few other programs that have a darker interface, which is my personal preference

Anyway, one last minor question...with ICS new Talk, they finally added a nice pop-up option that many probably don't realize is there. If you go into Talk Settings > 'your account' > IM notifications > select 'Open dialog' , it'll pop up a box when receiving a new talk msg like this:
(notice it's white too...dunno if it's part of Talk.apk or some other ICS feature...just thought I'd mention it)

6549209015_d0f1877908.jpg

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ohh neat... didn't know that was there.. ill look at it... and probably use it too...lol

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
webmastir.. this ones a monster.. im convinced thats a framework thing but im trying none the less. Ive been editing gtalk in one massive 2 hour edit session.. i have no idea what the outcome will be cause i aint done yet but, if this dont fix it.. its definaltey a framework call