Gtalk connection issue

liquidchrome

Reaction score
Droid 2
Android Version 2.2
System Version 2.3.20.A955

Past few days my Gtalk has been losing connection every few minutes.
It has never had this issue for the past 6 months i had this phone.
Why all of a sudden it keeps losing connection. It seems some of my other friends have the same issue (Droid2, Droid X, blackberry curve).

So I'm leaning towards the conclusion that Google Talk network is having issues, but I can't leave out thinking Verizon 3G service not allowing me to stay connected.
Does anyone else have this problem? Any answers?
My Gtalk is set to login automatically and auto-away disabled.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Google is having issues you can go here to find out:

Apps Status Dashboard

I don't see any right now. I have a D2 and Gtalk. I'm on wifi most of the time and I will see very briefly it might lose a connection but it picks it back up right away.

OP
L

liquidchrome

Reaction score
then it must be Verizon... *shake fist*
hmm.. i dunno but it's really annoying when i think im on gtalk and i find out i'm not because people start texting me instead of gchat.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
then it must be Verizon... *shake fist*
hmm.. i dunno but it's really annoying when i think im on gtalk and i find out i'm not because people start texting me instead of gchat.

If you have a 3G symbol on your D2 then it's not Verizon. Have you tried just doing a reset on the phone to see if that helps out?

OP
L

liquidchrome

Reaction score
yes, a reset is the first thing i tried, soft and hard.
The 3G symbol might be there, but that doesn't mean verizon's network is not allowing the service to connect constantly. btw... my Market app also has trouble connecting the first time. I have to close it and reopen for it to connect properly.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, a reset is the first thing i tried, soft and hard.
The 3G symbol might be there, but that doesn't mean verizon's network is not allowing the service to connect constantly. btw... my Market app also has trouble connecting the first time. I have to close it and reopen for it to connect properly.

No, if you were losing your 3G you would see it switch to 1x. And even on 1x Gtalk works, just slowly.

OP
L

liquidchrome

Reaction score
well... that still leaves me confused as to why Gtalk is constantly losing connection every few minutes. Sometimes doesn't log back in totally. Shows that i'm logged in and nobody else is online. Then i have to actually press Sign Out, exit the program and reload and then everything comes back.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well... that still leaves me confused as to why Gtalk is constantly losing connection every few minutes. Sometimes doesn't log back in totally. Shows that i'm logged in and nobody else is online. Then i have to actually press Sign Out, exit the program and reload and then everything comes back.

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. I've never heard of it but I suppose it could be another app causing an issue. You aren't running any task killers, are you?

OP
L

liquidchrome

Reaction score
nope... i've heard bad stuff about ATK and other ones so i just don't use them.
Also tried uninstalling a bunch of apps that i think are pretty recent.
I'll keep trying different things until it fixes and i'll post here if i ever figure this out.