Groupwise on the Droid??

elbono75

Reaction score
OK so I have a user that is stuck on Novell Hell for Email, calendar and contacts does anyone know if it will work at all???

czahrt

Reaction score
I know the NotifyLink doesn't sync Calendar yet, but email works. As for Pop/imap, haven't tried, though mail should work fine if GW has it turned on, again, unsure about Cal.

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm in a similar position. My company won't support the Droid, but I'm hoping to find a work around. I came across CompanionLink for Google. There is a free trial for the first two weeks. It seems to have synced my calender and contacts to gmail. I'm not sure it has worked for email yet, as I forward all my groupwise email to the same gmail account.

KirkS

Reaction score
Works fine if your GroupWise administrator has IMAP on/open.

Got into mail and add an account. Put in your user/pass and press the "Manual" setup button (not the 'next' button).

You'll need the name and port info for your IMAP (GW) server.

Hope this helps,
KirkS

gwguruman

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
elbono75

elbono75

Reaction score
We are using Touch Down 29 app to sync w/ notify link for calendar and contacts as of now and to imap groupwise a free program called k9...
touchdown and notifylink work ok together but a lot of users want older email...

brubakes

Reaction score
OK so I have a user that is stuck on Novell Hell for Email, calendar and contacts does anyone know if it will work at all???

Oh, now Novell isn't that bad. I've always preferred their products to Microsoft, but I'm not sold on the SLES servers yet. I want NetWare 7!

gwguruman

Reaction score
Here is a technology preview of the new Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack solution from Novell. This will allow the current ActiveSync client technology built into most smart phones (iPhone, Android, etc) to sync to Novell GroupWise 8 and >. Your IT department can test this today in their test lab to an Android based phone and many other smart phones - see http://www.novell.com/promo/data_synchronizer.html

gwguruman

Reaction score
Oh, now Novell isn't that bad. I've always preferred their products to Microsoft, but I'm not sold on the SLES servers yet. I want NetWare 7!

Novell SLES 10 and 11 are not bad server OS's at all. I have used Novell NetWare since the NetWare 2.0a days with a key card. I have recently learned SLES 10 and now 11 in the past 2 years. Its not that bad at all. eDirectory runs on it fine and the Novell NSS file system with all the file rights and inheritance are all there. The SLES server can talk NCP protocol to your users workstations with the Novell client. Many other Novell services on NetWare are all on the OES2 add-in.