k-9 sync question

amiatanut

Reaction score
I'm a newbie with these phones so please be kind... At work we use Groupwise and I found on the web that the best app to read my email is to use K-9. I installed it and it synced up fine but it only does that when I manually initiate it. How do I make it check for email every minute or so?

Thanks,
Marc

harrellj

Reaction score
In k9, if you go into account settings (and I have 2 accounts on mine so I have to long press one of those accounts to get to the account settings screen), go to fetching mail and there are settings there for frequency to poll for changes as well as which folders to poll for new messages.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Has k9 added the push email for hotmail yet? Cuz you can setup push with default email which looks plain to me

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 2.0.0 URBaN using DroidForums App

OP
A

amiatanut

Reaction score
Thanks harrellj, that did it. Now a followup question, How is a first class folder defined? Or second class? I have so many folders on my work account it's constantly polling all the folders, I'd like to designate only a few to poll. Is that possible?

Thanks again,
Marc

harrellj

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't know what defines the different class folders for certain. I THINK it might be whether a folder is considered a sub-folder or not.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

Arebee

Reaction score
In k9, if you go into account settings (and I have 2 accounts on mine so I have to long press one of those accounts to get to the account settings screen), go to fetching mail and there are settings there for frequency to poll for changes as well as which folders to poll for new messages.

I'm trying to set up a coworker's Charge and each time I set it, and manually check mail, it says "Synching Disabled" and when I go back to check the settings I have changed, they have all gone back to the original settings. Any idea?