greetings from Backwoods, ME

linuxrocks

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a retired EE and recently (last week) bought my first smartphone, a Verizon branded Droid X that I registered anonymously on page plus cellular. I love Linux and look forward to the day when computer users don't even recognize the word 'windows'. My eyes aren't as good as they once were, so a larger screen was a significant factor regarding my choice of the Droid X.

I am here because I found a website offering technical assistance rooting my phone, which I think it needs because Verizon Aps won't run and they are clogging up my phones homescreen(s).

I had no idea the old Droid X was as popular as it seems to be. I have a limited budget, don't need most of the bells and whistes that the phone offers, so I registered the new phone on page plus cellular. I like open source software and an open source operating system-which is why I bought the Droid X with Android OS.

I look forward to learning about the phone through the forum's posts-the journey begins.............

Art

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard Art...congrats on the DX ;)...you can also remove icons from your homescreen by long pressing on them and dragging them to the "trash" - usually mid top and wait for both to turn red...good luck!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome linuxrocks, enjoy. Loved my droid X, still have it as a backup to a backup.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums