Great battery life on thunderbolt

Reaction score
I have noticed a big improvement in my batt life over the last couple days. The one thing i have done is let it die down to 5%or less then charge it to full.

This is my thunderbolt talking...

shaylinlea

Reaction score
I have also been getting amazing battery life. Have been unplugged for 38 hours now and its just at 8% remaning. I'm not rooted, keep my screen at about 30%, running juice defender beta, apps set to sync manually and I'm in strong 4g coverage. About 2/3 of this is on wifi. This is stock battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Nice, not too many phone calls/txt messages? Looks like mostly standby either way good to hear. One reason I was skeptical was I owned a DInc and the batt life was just bad for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

shaylinlea

Reaction score
Yeah mostly standby. Messing with widgets/setup, news apps, facebook, twitter and some web surfing. Light to medium use but the battery is definitely capable of lasting through a day and then some.

wowings

Reaction score
I bought the Sendo 1600 battery and installed it Friday evening. After charging all night, I was sad to see it out of power by 6:00 pm. Today was a different story. At 11:00 this evening it was at 63%. I suppose it takes a few charges to fully crank up the battery. This is an amazing piece of work!
Owings

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Wow a whole day, even though your network and connections are turned off thats pretty good. I'm going to try that juice defender.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I refuse to neuter this speed demon.
I tried Juice Defender beta, it didn't help and sucked more battery than it helped with.

I turn WiFi on at home. I turn off Bluetooth when not in the car (a real PITA, I left it on 24/7 on my blackberry) but I use this as my work phone with push email from 8 to 6.

I'm going to assume the first software update will address the battery.

I like to open an app and know it's updated and ready, I don't want to have to dig deeper and refresh things manually.

My stock battery has been getting better and better over the last week.
I have the fat battery on standby if needed.

Reaction score
I use Phone Info to keep my phone on 3g except for when I need 4g (Youtube, downloads, etc.) and I get great battery life. On normal day I have a handful of phonecalls/texts, check my email multiple times, check the weather, Facebook, news, etc. and maybe play a little Angry Birds, Tetris or similar. I've had my Thunderbolt for 2 weeks and it still hasn't died on me in the middle of the day yet. I am in a strong 4g area but I haven't tried using it with the 4g on all day which seems to be the real batter killer. However I have had the 4g on for 2 or 3 hours at a time and haven't seen the huge battery drain that others have reported. Maybe there was an issue with some Thunderbolts being shipped with bad batteries?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I think it was the syncing and Blockbuster app and various bloatware. I noticed when I rooted my phone that the blockbuster folder had over 1,000 files and 20MB of data in it. WTF? I never used it. I went from 6-10 hours of battery life (stock) to 9 hours at 70-80% battery life after rooting and having a kernel that downclocked the processor when the screen was off. Still on the same battery I got from day one. Out of the box the HTC Thunderbolt is a sad device. With a little work, it's a force to be reckoned with.

You'd think HTC would be smart enough to realize this. Their name is tarnished with sad battery life all because they forced bloatware, 15min-30min syncing, and a kernel that doesn't downclock when the screen is off. I mean come on. A lot of these rom/kernel developers aren't EXPERTS. Who is HTC hiring to make these things?

plongson

Reaction score
13 hours and 64% on new extended battery I just got yesterday. I was on the Harley, did 300 miles through MANY areas with NO coverage. I did use the app "PHONE INFO" and turned off 4g while out in the boonies. Overall I very happy right now, theoretically it should go pretty close to 24 hours now..We'll see though...Not sure if the battery gauge is linear.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
o_O Bad Battery Life? Doesn't Exist in My Case

Sooooooo, I used to be one of those ppl complaining about battery life.... then I installed LiquidSense. I found it odd that more people don't use this ROM.

I'm very tempted to install a different ROM, but don't want to mess up this great battery life.

Anyway, to the point, yesterday, I unplugged my phone at 7:00 am... throughout the day, checked forums, texting nonstop, a little web browsing, a little facebooking. mainly data stuff... and I only have 3G on.. got home @ 11 pm and still had 40%. Stayed up until about 2, after playing music and streaming some videos, I was down to 28%. Went to bed, woke up this morning at 23%, and I checked my battery use... it said 23 hours off the charger. I'll post the screen....

But I probably could have gotten about 30 hours if I didn't have to put it back on my charger so it would take me through the rest of the day.. All I'm saying is, Liquid is a great ROM, and whatever kernel is in that (I believe it's the 1.5 or 1.8?), is doing a great job

krissid33

Reaction score
blockbuster app

Just a food for thought, I just got my Thunderbolt less than 48 hours ago and the battery life has been MISERY.....The battery use section was showing PVMTPServiceStart running at over 50%, so I updated the stupid lame @$$ Blockbuster app and rebooted and it's gone and battery life should be better now. Apparently the Blockbuster app had some problems where it was taking up a bunch of the battery. Unfortunately it can't be uninstalled but updating it did the trick, now the most usage is the display, which is "normal" and the android service is at 2%, nothing else. Works great!

And I didn't need to install anything else or root my phone (not yet)...