Help with battery life

mi2gurlz

Reaction score
I have a rooted thunderbolt using gingerth3ory. I have setcpu but my battery life sucks. I play games n surf the web most of the time. Can someone help me to get better battery life and help with the settings for setcpu.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
I am not an expert by any means. but you really just have to try out different kernels and ROMs to see what works best for you.

i believe smartass governors save battery the best, but i could be wrong.

and i hate to say this, because it shouldn't be necessary to do this to enjoy a phone for a full day, but OEM or even extended (slim) batteries are $10 on amazon. keep one handy, and dont worry about saving battery....thats my motto.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try an AOSP rom. you won't believe how much battery you'll save from the senseless roms.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^^^Yes the Sense UI provided by HTC is a known battery hog. Removing it should help save some battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

mi2gurlz

Reaction score
Do they have any roms with the ring lock that's all I like out if the sense because I'm using go launcher anyway. And are there any burly roms. Can u post some for me. I didn't root my phone but I can give it a try if its not to much. Also what is a kernal?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah but can you have the HTC Ring lockscreen on the AOSP ROMs? I have loaded Liquids and CM but miss 'Da Ring' (my prrrrecious...lol)

I was going to attempt to get it applied on CM7 when I have some time..but as of yet hadn't tried...

OP
M

mi2gurlz

Reaction score
U meant gurly roms

OP
M

mi2gurlz

Reaction score
@mbk I like the ring too! But at the same time I want to have some battery too. I thought having my phone rooted would do something but i still have a plain Jane phone and I'm not too happy about it

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A gurly theme would make any ROM gurly... just gotta see if there is one out there for any of the ROMs you like...I'm not sure since I've only had my Bolt for a week or so...

But I haven't yet gotten a full day's battery life with any ROM, still searching for one that provides better..

OP
M

mi2gurlz

Reaction score
I did find a theme but it didn't wrk for my ROM that I have. I had a senseless ROM but it messed the phone up so it had to be taking off

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did find a theme but it didn't wrk for my ROM that I have. I had a senseless ROM but it messed the phone up so it had to be taking off

Themes must be for the specific ROMs, they cannot be interchanged with one another...so whichever theme you found needs to go with the ROM it was intended for

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did just try out a new app called Agile Lock, and it is basically the Sense Ring lockscreen....just doesn't come with the weather animation backgrounds, but you can set the lockscreen wallpaper to any custom one...or if you have something like Beautiful Widgets then you can set their animated weather live wallpaper with that Agile lock...just FYI since many HTC users have been trying to get the Ring Lockscreen onto CM7 and the like...;)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited: