GPS Voice Commands/MP3 music via Bluetooth?

Growler48

Reaction score
Will the X send GPS voice commands and MP3 music to a Bluetooth device? I'm looking into options to get all audio from the X to my car stereo (I have a USB connector, not a 3.5mm jack) and buying a Bluetooth looks like it will work.

soba1

Reaction score
Will the X send GPS voice commands and MP3 music to a Bluetooth device? I'm looking into options to get all audio from the X to my car stereo (I have a USB connector, not a 3.5mm jack) and buying a Bluetooth looks like it will work.

When 2.2 comes out it will; or it should I am running it on my Droid.
Of course it sepends on your BT as well. Car stereo my guess would be yes. It may do car stereo before the 2.2 update. I know for certain
that I could connect my Droid to BT stereo speakers....

OP
G

Growler48

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Were you able to listen to GPS voice commands/MP3 music on your speakers? If so, I'll take the plunge and buy the Bluetooh adapter for my car stereo. The FROYO update doesn't address these items specifically:

Bluetooth

• Voice dialing over Bluetooth
  • Ability to share contacts with other phones
  • Support for Bluetooth enabled car and desk docks
  • Improved compatibility matrix with car kits and headsets

sroach23

Reaction score
i have a pioneer bluetooth stereo and it does everything over through bluetooth, even on 2.1.

OP
G

Growler48

Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for that info. I'm going to order the BT adapter for my stereo today! dancedroid