GPS/Location Problems

the_baumer

Reaction score
Sometimes my GPS and Synch will show up as the wrong place. Example: Upon waking up my phone, it will randomly show me as being located in SHenzen, CHina (or something super similar to that). Anyone else had GPS/Location problems?

OP
T

the_baumer

Reaction score
Has no one really had this issue as of yet? I've searched forums for answers and haven't found anything as of yet...

It's 9:25am in Irvine where I am and my phone was showing 12:25am and that I was located in Xhuzhou.

OP
T

the_baumer

Reaction score
It's showing up in the clock and weather widgets.

OP
T

the_baumer

Reaction score
When accessing Maps, it shows the correct location.
This isn't something that happens all the time, but I am wondering if it is an HTC bug since it's on the HTC widgets for clock and weather.

abroadwater

Reaction score
I, my father, and two coworkers of mine have the Droid Incredible, and we all have experienced the wrong location being displayed in the weather/clock widget. We've tried deleting the widget and re-adding it, and ensuring that the wi fi is off and the GPS satellite is detecting location, to no avail. I also use Foursquare, and am consistently detecting "nearby" locations that are over 120 miles away instead of the ones in my city. You're not alone....

shamus

Reaction score
That's really weird.
I've had a Droid since November and an Incredible for a couple weeks and the HTC weather/clock widget is the only weather app that actually finds my town.
I wiped my phone (HTC) the first day I had it. I wonder if that has something to do with it.