GPS does pedometer?

Comicsnut

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pedometer app and noticed in the reviews of a few that people said their GPS tracks footsteps.

Are they referring to the built in GPS or a different app?

Can someone recommend a decent pedometer?

Sent through the air via my ADR6300.

OP
Comicsnut

Comicsnut

Reaction score
Bump?

Sent through the air via my ADR6300.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the app called MyTracks would work for you or not. Take a look at it and see if that's what you are looking for.

OP
Comicsnut

Comicsnut

Reaction score
Thanks, ill check it out!

So says my ADR6300.

pobguy

Reaction score
I routinely use My Tracks when hiking. I get lots of statistical information, including average speed, elevation, and total distance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
I used My Tracks once and it seemed to work really well. I keep telling myself that I need to use it more often.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pedometer app and noticed in the reviews of a few that people said their GPS tracks footsteps.

Without knowing what GPS apps they're referring to it's impossible to say. By "built-in" are you referring to Google Maps Nav? It's not standard on every Android device out there.

I'd also strongly recommend My Tracks.

OP
Comicsnut

Comicsnut

Reaction score

Without knowing what GPS apps they're referring to it's impossible to say. By "built-in" are you referring to Google Maps Nav? It's not standard on every Android device out there.

I'd also strongly recommend My Tracks.

Well, I'd obviously be talking about the GPS app on ny phone.

So says my ADR6300.

xan

Reaction score
+1 for mytracks.

technically pedometers only count foot steps and then entering your average stride length gives you the distance covered over those steps.

GPS measures how far your actually traveled in 4D (3D + time), regardless of the amount and length of your foot steps. it can also measure altitude, average speed and many other factors.