Got the OTA then...

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I selected download and install now, but it failed? It sent me to the triangle with the exclimation point, hit the volume button and camera button and it said the installation failed and aborted it.

Then, I restarted from that screen, it booted up just fine, and when I went to my system thingy, it said that my system was up to date, but I'm only on FRG01B. I had rooted with Easy Root, but I'm unrooted now, I didn't block any OTA updates, and I tried to install with the one that was available online, but I got a bad download, so I deleted that and just waited for the OTA.

Should I take it to the store? What gives?

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I just tried to install manually again with the signed sholes from Google, this is exactly what it gave me when I tried it

Install from sdcard...
finding update package
opening update package
verifying update package
installing update
verifying current system
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/app/GenieWidget.odex", "4cc2ae7a55c29f01198f66f0d9c80a5d975e539", "daa409a4e2fa78c4e94a5680f2f423a000a50715")
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Easy Root is problematic, and you probably shouldn't have accepted the OTA

Let me find a few links to help you along

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I don't want the root anymore, and I unrooted with easy root, no superuser permissions displayed, and no root only required programs work anymore, and I don't want to reroot.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easy Root also has issues with unrooting - though it sounds like it *might* have worked in your case. Regardless, try this... (I'm assuming you want a pure stock phone with the most up to date build on it)

1) Download this file, rename it to update.zip (make sure you can see file extensions so you don't accidentally rename it update.zip.zip), place it on the root of your SD Card

2) Load up the stock recovery again (reboot holding 'x', then when you see the !, hold down the up-volume key and tap the camera button)

*Optional at this point: Do a factory reset / data wipe (however it's worded - this will wipe your phone, but given that Easy Root is a little weird, it might be good to start clean). If it was me, I'd do it in this situation, but I can understand not wanting to. So, I'd say try it by skipping this step, and if things don't work right, then try it and include this step.

3) Using the d-pad, select "apply sdcard: update.zip"

That file is the full system FRG22D, not just the patch. So, hopefully you won't get any sort of "Status 7" error using that file.

OP
CharlieDog

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Thank you! The full file fixed whatever problem it was that I was having. I've done several factory reset and wipes, and even after doing that and receiving the official OTA to the phone it was still failing, so I was worried that Easy Root didn't unroot correctly, but none of the apps that require permissions (I still have Titanium backup installed) were working at all, so I was really confused.

I did another reset and wipe on the phone with verizon last night and they still couldn't get it figured out, so I was at a bit of a loss.

Thanks again, I'm glad to have it back to being up to date and still stock.