Got new update..lost cool accuweather widget

jdtech1998

Reaction score
First off I had trouble getting part 2 of the update to install. After the big 500+mb update downloaded it did not prompt to install it. I tried a couple reboots with no luck then read about letting it power down and sitting for 5min and that actually worked. When I turned it back on it prompted me to install it. So after the install I note all the font changes and the fact that my cool full color and animated weather/clock widget is now a black and white 2d blob that belongs on flip phone or something. Also the the cool live animation of the current weather is no longer there when you unlock the screen. Anyone know if they nerfed the widget or something...that's usually what happens when something cool actually works from my experience.

jprausch

Reaction score
First off I had trouble getting part 2 of the update to install. After the big 500+mb update downloaded it did not prompt to install it. I tried a couple reboots with no luck then read about letting it power down and sitting for 5min and that actually worked. When I turned it back on it prompted me to install it. So after the install I note all the font changes and the fact that my cool full color and animated weather/clock widget is now a black and white 2d blob that belongs on flip phone or something. Also the the cool live animation of the current weather is no longer there when you unlock the screen. Anyone know if they nerfed the widget or something...that's usually what happens when something cool actually works from my experience.
This makes me so mad. I immediately noticed the same things, and already miss the cool 3D animated weather. The 4x4 dynamic widget is now a 1x2 black and white static tile, with no ability to swipe through cities. What a step backward. WHY would HTC take that away? So stupid and maddening.