Got my X 3 days of go lots of issues

Gafftaper

Reaction score
So I walked out of the Verizon store and plugged my X into my car charger. It's the same charger that I have used on my OG Droid for months with no problem. 10 minutes out of the package and no new software on it and it rebooted because I plugged it into the charger... not a good sign.

I took it home and installed about 15 programs. A second car charger recently purchased from my wife's Incredible seems to work fine with the phone. Having a task killer was critical at keeping my old Droid functional so I made the mistake of installing one right away.

Once I got home I installed my obsession, Angry Birds and enjoyed it on my giant new screen. About a half hour later I noticed it was feeling a little warm at the thin end of the case then the screen froze solid and I had to reboot it. A while later I had a reboot when just setting up my screen layouts.
The next day I had a Reboot while plugging it into my computer to upload some music. Yesterday I had a reboot while plugging it in to charge at the wall. I haven't noticed the heat except that first time. Also note I ordered an Innocase, but it currently has no case on it.

I got this because I wanted a phone that was as snappy as my wife's Incredible. Unfortunately this X is as sluggish as my old Droid... worse in some ways. I like to download podcasts and listen to them on the phone. When skipping ahead past commercials it acts very erratic. Sometimes it pauses 3-5 seconds like it's buffering before it begins playing again at the new point in the show. BUT it's not buffering it's playing back a file from memory! My old droid you could hold down the fast forward button and listen in high speed to skip ahead. This one does that for a few seconds then it gets quiet and confused, again acting like it's buffering.

When I get doing a couple things and go back to the home screen there is sometimes a pause where I see only the background and no icons. This was a constant problem on my old Droid as it slowly became overwhelmed by all the software on it. But this X is basically empty has twice the system resources and should be SNAPY.

I discovered this forum a few minutes ago and immediately removed the task killer. I rebooted and found it just as sluggish as before. I don't know if this will prevent the freeze ups and reboots or not at this point.

What do you think? Should I take it back and demand a new one? Should I take it back and demand a D2G?

Three of my reboots have occurred when plugging it in, plus the one time I had that overheating feeling. Is that a sign of a problem?

The only good news is I've got 30 days.

Last edited:

fishstick600

Reaction score
Id say go get a new one. I've never had the problems u are listing above. . Even on the new one I got a few weeks ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

en28so

Reaction score
I'd say go get a new one too. Mine came in December and never had those issues. Believe me, it's way snappier than my original Droid once I started using another home launcher like adw. The stock launcher sucks, it makes the phone feel slow, and it's ugly.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

OP
G

Gafftaper

Reaction score
Well I took it in to my local Verizon store. The employee wanted to try a software reset first. So she did it and I gave it another shot for a day. I still had a reboot and some other sluggish issues. Went back the next day and they gave me a new one. No problems now. The people at the Verizon store were very helpful and cool about it. They never hassled me at all about it.

I got a new phone that works great and I'm a happy customer.

Beka27

Reaction score
Glad that worked out for you in the end! I agree with the previous posters, never had an issue on my X. I think that there was probably just something wrong with that phone. A phone should work brilliantly when you first get it.

en28so

Reaction score
Well I took it in to my local Verizon store. The employee wanted to try a software reset first. So she did it and I gave it another shot for a day. I still had a reboot and some other sluggish issues. Went back the next day and they gave me a new one. No problems now. The people at the Verizon store were very helpful and cool about it. They never hassled me at all about it.

I got a new phone that works great and I'm a happy customer.
Kool, now you can go show off your beast with that massive screen!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App