Got Froyo OTA this morning

mrshickadance9

Reaction score
So I'm not really sure what the deal is, but I got Froyo over the air today. And really...meh. It runs a bit faster and I like some of the new UI, but it doesn't make this phone any more usable in the long run. Am I missing something? People have been talking about bugs, but I've really had no issues so far..

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Some people have experienced battery drain and/or heating. Most seem to be using it with no problems. Aside from the new look/feel the update is supposed to be faster, the market now allows automatic downloading of updates, you can now move apps to the SD card, and flash will work with 2.2 (there are threads around here with the Flash app if you search). My favorite is the slider on the lock screen now puts you in vibrate mode rather than silence! That has been bugging me from day 1. Sure there are more changes, but that is all I have found. Enjoy!

2guys1droid

Reaction score
Only issue we saw was the removal of the silent feature which we made a tutorial on how to restore using a widget. If you had this problem, check out our video here:

[video=youtube;b3iSWkHBUWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3iSWkHBUWA]YouTube - ‪NEW Froyo 2.2 Update for Motorola Droid... New Features‬‎[/video]