The ally just got Froyo

eriscrazy

Reaction score
my girlfriends ally just got the OTA update for froyo and it tripled the speed of the devise. and so far no big issues besides the fact that i cant move her apps to her sd card.

akara

Reaction score
Danggg that sucks. Just traded my ally for Droid so I could move apparently to SD. I will check out my brothers phone this week and update it for him.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joeyx2

Reaction score
A girl at my work just got it and there's no flashplayer for it. Also hers seem to run kinda slow.

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
yea they said that a few features would not be available. so im figuring that apps2sd and flash is not working.

Brigadoon

Reaction score
No Flash on LG Ally Droid 2.2

I upgraded to 2.2 yesterday. On balance I think its an improvement. Unfortunately it's still not Adobe Flash compliant. Anyone know if this is going to be rectified any time soon or is it just written off?

I can see them restricting this on purpose since they would make more money selling more expensive Flash ready phones. I know I can load in a browser that can allow me to view Flash content. It would be nice to do it directly.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Desicrator

Reaction score
Ya the rest of my family has LG allies. there is not a gpu in the ally and the development prolly thought flash might be too tough.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I believe you have to download it from the Market. Search "Adobe Flash 10.1"

Sent from my Droid

gorrellb

Reaction score
Apps to sd is available, just only certain apps are able to do so. So far only a few of my apps have been able to be stored on my sd which I was disappointed by.

Brigadoon

Reaction score
Adobe flash 10.1 doesn't come up in the market. At least when searching from my LG Ally. I've downloaded the .apk file. Looks like I need to root my Ally to install it though.

That's my next challenge. Each time I upgrade, Verizon finds a way to block the root method that I use to keep me from rooting my Droid. Oh well, I'll have to write my own code if I ever find the time.

Brigadoon

Reaction score
My goal for installing Flash is to use Miren as my default browser. I can view Flash content with Skyfire but Miren is quicker and is better organized. Miren can also work with Flash content once you get Flash installed.

Post here if anyone has luck running Flash on the LG Ally running Droid 2.2

Thanks in advance.

Brigadoon

Reaction score
I just noticed that the LG Ally 2.2 upgrade loaded in an ap called "3G Mobile Hotspot". You have to pay extra to use it. One more thing to uninstall once I root my phone again.