Got an email to register for Moto g power

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The Motorola edge plus got good reviews when I searched Google. Only cons were curved screen and small power button and too tall

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I've seen some good reviews too ... I'd like to see it hands on...yeah they making taller phones to fit that screen to body ratio..

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've seen some good reviews too ... I'd like to see it hands on...yeah they making taller phones to fit that screen to body ratio..
The deal from Verizon for $33 month ended June 2 now it's $46 gotta watch for deals . If anybody sees a good deal post it. It's very tempting if I have to leave the Moto mod world it's a close tie for the edge and one plus 8 pro

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The deal from Verizon for $33 month ended June 2 now it's $46 gotta watch for deals . If anybody sees a good deal post it. It's very tempting if I have to leave the Moto mod world it's a close tie for the edge and one plus 8 pro

I'm comparing to my Note+ the Edge is thicker bc of battery but I bet it won't be bad in hand ... definitely wait out a deal ..
3dec4b2555e50f6203f8b6d0d34be2bf.jpg

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm comparing to my Note+ the Edge is thicker bc of battery but I bet it won't be bad in hand ... definitely wait out a deal ..
3dec4b2555e50f6203f8b6d0d34be2bf.jpg
My z2 force which I don't use with a case is super slim it would be a big change

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My z2 force which I don't use with a case is super slim it would be a big change

Oh yes but I bet once you get used to it it will be worth it ... I carry my Note plus around don't feel it huge anymore... Little adjustment period
e4893104503831eb6eedb0d2db09fc1e.jpg

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Do you think I can use my Moto mod batteries with a double USB c cable to charge an edge or do will I need new battery packs?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would think new battery packs. I don't think the Moto Turbo battery pushes out through its USB-C port, that's only for charging it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
What happens if you but a 5g phone like the edge and don't upgrade to the 5g plan and the phone tries to connect at 5g on Verizon do the charge you or what happens

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You would have to ask Verizon. It would Probably stay on 4G, especially if there is no 5G in your area. But you would be better asking them about what type of plan you would need or wouldn't need.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think so too bk. If I was buying a new 5G phone I would definitely confirm that first though....that's just my thoughts.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Still don't like curves looks like a pretty close tie. Best buy opens up for in store on Monday hope they have display models

Just keeping my eyes open and watching for a price drop I lean to Motorola since I'm used to it though

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Be careful with the Moto Edge +. Some users have reported an issue with the screen to Motorola, s weird green tint. A fix will probably come at some point.....buy who knows when.