Gorilla Glass

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has had experiences to see how tuff and scratch resistant gorilla glass is? Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have any experience myself but I read a thread a while back where a guy drove off with his dx on the roof of his car. Apparently it fell off while he was driving an busted in to a few pieces. He put it back together and it was no worse for wear.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just did a little test of my own. I went at the glass portion above the screen with a bottle cap. Really dug in on it and no scratches.

sarreq

Reaction score
I've had my droid1 for over a year now, barescreened and pocketed the whole time, not a scratch on it.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like nothin but good reviews for the gorilla glass

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This has been said in countless prior threads on Gorilla Glass, screen scratches, screen protectors, etc:

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant. It is not, however, unscratchable. If the scratching material isn't harder than the material to test, it won't scratch the test material. If you're "testing" with keys or bottle caps then of course they won't scratch the screen. Neither are harder than glass. You might as well test with a wet noodle. Keep that in mind when viewing demo videos.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it takeshi. Don't test with diamonds y'all!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This has been said in countless prior threads on Gorilla Glass, screen scratches, screen protectors, etc:

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant. It is not, however, unscratchable. If the scratching material isn't harder than the material to test, it won't scratch the test material. If you're "testing" with keys or bottle caps then of course they won't scratch the screen. Neither are harder than glass. You might as well test with a wet noodle. Keep that in mind when viewing demo videos.

Fair enough but in my daily life my phone isn't going to come in contact with anything harder or sharper than keys or bottle caps