Did I get took?

androidian

Reaction score
My phone has never seen anything rough like concrete or asphalt. It dropped one time on a tiled floor but It didn't scratch it. The droid has spent most of its time in my pocket, maybe once or twice with change. It has never seen keys or blades or any sharp object. I've had my phone for 8 months.

I cleaned my phone today and look at all these scratches!!!
I am wondering if somehow by pure accident they installed a regular glass screen or had a really crappy batch of gorilla glass.

I know scratches are not covered by warranty, but what about having the wrong type of glass used? That sounds to me like a manufactures defect.
dscn03160.jpg

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I doubt its the wrong glass. All Moto uses is Gorilla glass on the Droids. Sorry about the scratches though....my first D1 was great, got a refurb and now have a ton of dirt under the screen. Its depressing but not much you can do.

Sent from somewhere...

Reaction score
My wife has taken impeccable care of her droid and her screen looks the same. Those scratches are not nearly as bad as I have seen on phones that belong to people who don't take care of their phone.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

OP
A

androidian

Reaction score
Yes but I've seen people rub razor blades and keys on the screen without so much as a blemish.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
happen to put some things in the same pocket?

my other droid had some small scratches in the corners and near the edge of the screen. the screens are sturdy and can take a beating, but they're not exactly 100% scratch proof

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
weird i would fall in line of those people that dont take care of there phones.. i had my droid 1 for 9 months or so carried it in my pocket, dropped it a few times nothing major and screen was scratch free when i sold it.,, ( trust me they looked it over good)

i carried the incredible same way with the same results

carry my X in my pocket no scratches or anything like that either..

the only thing i do put on all of them is a shell.. no screen protectors. and i do take them out of pocket before i sit down for any extended period of time.

billyidle

Reaction score
Glass and ceramic tile, and especially grout, would be up to the task of scratching your screen.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I use a case (body glove) and a fit to screen - screen protector have had my d1 since April without a scratch. I constantly clean my phone down, its pretty sad I know. I may divorce my wife soon for her.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

crspang

Reaction score
Its possible to get sand and grit in your pocket and not know it. Those can cause those fine scratches.

OP
A

androidian

Reaction score
These are deep scratches, i can feel them with my fingernail.