Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh Extended Battery

I am more interested in what the widgets you are using are called -- particularly the Call, Cell, weather, and date ones.

The call cell also sms and wifi is called traffic counter, the date widget is extdatetime pro widget, the weather is Minimalistic text, the time is Clockr Evolution, the switchboard is switchwidget pro.

The battery goes from 4225mV full charge to 4185mV at unplug, then drops to 3815-3140mV over the next 12 hours there is a battery reading difference of about 25%, for example system says 30% and battery left pro says 58.

Will the battery fit in my case if I don't put on the backing?

No. It won't fit any cases without modification

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

so if you have battery life pro it tells you the actual battery percentage left? not based on the stock battery your phone thinks you're using?

I hope they have more in stock soon! I need to buy a blue backing one

Yea Battery Left Pro shows the real percentage of the battery based on draining voltages & hangtimes at voltage ranges. you can download Battery left standard but it only has an option for one battery profile. In the profiles you can edit the mAh rating of the battery being used, so you can compare your stock vs extended

Ok now that the battery for me is fully broken in my longest uptime without plug was 56 hours with minimal use(weekend), and longest using it for work was 34 hours, 7 of those hours being in airplane mode while I slept. My only gripe about this battery is that the hours it holds its charge at are in the 3700-3900mV range, but according to the system that is only 10% battery, according to Battery left it is 67-73% when it first hits 10% by system. The reason I don't like it is because everytime the screen comes on you get low battery warning to plug in the phone, even though the battery really has 10-15+ hours left in it with adverage use.

Anyone know what part of the kernel controls how system battery is read? If I can figure it out Ill decompile it and edit the script and post a patch for those who ordered/have this battery and/or write up a tutorial on how to change it based on what battery you have(bp7x, seido 2600mAh, ebay 3300mAh, or GG 3500mAh.

Other than the constant popup warning of low battery, this battery is awesome, great additional grip, ALOT more useful life.
Oh and when you charge this battery let it sit on the charger for an extra hour after full to equalize all the cells, fully charged this battery sits at 4285mV, unplugged sits at 4218-4235mV and stays above 4000mV for about 2/6th of its life, then drops to the 3700-3900 range and remains there for 3/6th of its life, and the last 1/6 life drain from 3700-3200, cuttoff is 3200-3218mV. For accurate calibration with battery left you gotta drain it until cut off, and draining this beast of a battery is quite a task once it has had several cylces

my i ordered is the metallic bluedancedroid yay i just found out it is coming tommorow instead

Back