Google's Play Store Revenue Soars

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gplay.jpeg

Android users are becoming a ravenous bunch when it comes to consuming payed apps in Google's Play Store. According to analytics company App Annie, the Play Store has seen a wopping 137% growth in revenue during the first seven months of the year. This is a very good thing for developers and customers because it [gives] devs an incentive to keep developing for the platform and the customers benifit from the influx of apps. Developers follow the money and rightfully so. Android and it's developers may see some numbers close to what Apple is seeing in their App store relatively soon, and that is quite a feat despite how ones feels about the competition.

Via: Phonearena

Last edited by a moderator:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been seeing a lot more high quality apps in the app store and have been purchasing them too. Some are because my daughter is 6 and there are some great educational apps too.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that has to say it, but my OCD cannot remain silent any longer.

Sores -> Soars

Android users are becoming a ravenous bunch when it comes to consuming paid apps in Google's Play Store. According to analytics company App Annie, the Play Store has seen a whopping 137% growth in revenue during the first seven months of the year. This is a very good thing for developers and customers because it gives devs an incentive to keep developing for the platform and the customers benefits from the influx of apps. Developers follow the money and rightfully so. Android and it's developers may see some numbers close to what Apple is seeing in their App store relatively soon, and that is quite a feat despite how ones feels about the competition.

Sorry. Just....ahgh... >_<;;

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I knew...I just KNEW that once the prepaid hit shelves and people saw them become readily available, the app store purchases would soar. Low and behold it did.

acousticshade

Reaction score
This is actually great news because this only includes sales of the prepaid cards or any apps purchased for the n7 in July since both came out then I believe. Wondering what the sales increase for that month was.

nikecar

Reaction score
I think several discounts like we just had, help. I've bought more (even at $.25) than I did in a year. each day I'd buy at least 2-3, and previous sales too. I had gotten an app last year and got another app from the same developer this time around. Same with Where's Perry. I wanted it when it came out, but never did, and now I got it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that has to say it, but my OCD cannot remain silent any longer.

Sores -> Soars

Sorry. Just....ahgh... >_<;;

I don't hate to be the one to say it... it's soars, not sores.... I read the title and was like? wtf... it has sores on it? [confused]

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Fixed...

Also added missing word.

Last edited:

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I've barely bought an app that wasn't 10 cents or 25 cents....

Only Titanium Backup honestly was bought at full price....

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
Funny as one of the reasons I am staying with Droid is the few apps I have paid for are still half what I would be paying in the app store

Natey2

Reaction score
Many people, like myself, got a $25 store credit for buying a Nexus 7.
The store credit expires in 9/2013, I believe. I'm buying things I normally would not have bought.
Now all that Google Play Store credit purchases wouldn't be contributing to those sales numbers, would it? ;)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk