Google's Pixel and Pixel XL Being Announced On October 4th

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Pixel and Pixel XL are the exciting new Nexus experience phones designed by Google and built by HTC that will take place of the Nexus lineup. These phones have been heavily rumored. We have seen many leaked photos of the two devices as well as seen a few benchmarks showing off some of the specs. Until now we have not known of the date that Google plans to announce these devices. It is widely believed that the phones will be announced on October 4th.

That leaves the question of when the phones will actually be available for purchase. Ausdroid is reporting that Telstra will offer one of the devices as a carrier exclusive in Australia. The phone is said to be available fro pre-order on October 4th with a ship date of October 20th. The phones may be available sooner if you purchase direct from Google. Other rumors suggest a new 4K Chromecast and Google Home Smart Speaker to be revealed at this event as well.

via Ausdroid

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Meh. Pixel XL doesn't sound cool at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
1. I wish these companies would wait to announce these device until they were ready to ship within a few days, not a couple of weeks or more.

2. I hope that means we'll see an OS update that fixes the broken doze issue that many of us are currently having with Nougat sooner rather than later.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
1. I wish these companies would wait to announce these device until they were ready to ship within a few days, not a couple of weeks or more.

2. I hope that means we'll see an OS update that fixes the broken doze issue that many of us are currently having with Nougat sooner rather than later.

3. I hope they release Nougat to other nexus phones other than the 6p. I have the N6 and still no Nougat love other than the Beta.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
3. I hope they release Nougat to other nexus phones other than the 6p. I have the N6 and still no Nougat love other than the Beta.
We're pretty sure they've delayed the roll-out because of the battery drain madness. We can't find any reports of anyone getting it on a 6P that got it OTA without being in the beta. (Of course, we haven't really looked very hard...)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Um...the Google Pixel XL should be renamed the Google PXL.

Google! Please call upon me the next time you try to name things. You already failed with your Alphabet fiasco. Everyone and their grandma knows it should have been called AlphaBit instead. Duh!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X