Pixel 2 Will Launch On October 5th with Snapdragon 836

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
untitled-5236-jpg.77794

It looks like the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will release on October 5th according to famed leakster Evan Blass. He also mentioned that the devices will include Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 836 processor. The leaks here are pretty reliable, but nothing is official. The Snapdragon 836 will likely be a minor tweak of the Snapdragon 835 kind of like what we saw last year with the Snapdragon 820 to 821. Last year the Pixel was announced at an event on October 4th so the date lines up with what we would generally expect from Google. Pre-orders are expected to go on sale the same day as the announcement on October 5th.

via @evleaks

Attachments

• untitled.5236.jpg
    untitled.5236.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 3,531

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Love to know what's improved on the 836. Not that I care about the Pixel at all.
I am so hooked on fingerprint navigation I am pretty sure I'll never consider a phone with a sensor on the back now. :D

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in holding pattern until October I guess. I'm looking for a smaller form factor phone this time around. I would have liked to see smaller bezels in the Pix 2 like the XL2 is supposed to be getting, but what can ya do? I almost went with the S8 (and still might) but the reports on screen breakage with minimal bezel and curved glass has me nervous.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it's modeled after the V30 (which is likely), it'll be one good looking device. I like that render.. Hopefully it's spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't buy anything until I see what the iPhone 8 is all about.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
iPhone 8: still won't you let you put a row of icons across the bottom of your screen.
Until it allows that basic level of customization, I wouldn't buy it if hot coffee comes out of the lightning port.
Hmmm... Well maybe if it made coffee.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
iPhone 8: still won't you let you put a row of icons across the bottom of your screen.
Until it allows that basic level of customization, I wouldn't buy it if hot coffee comes out of the lightning port.
Hmmm... Well maybe if it made coffee.

I totally agree about the customization. personally I hate rows and pages. the launcher I use did away with having to slide from page to page. still have to live with some rows but at least things are very organized. I know I have mentioned it several times but that is why the iphone is no longer a consideration for me.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I love Android for customization but I've also enjoy the iPhone too much to leave it... I'm fortunate I get to use both daily..

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll be buying either the pixel 2 or xl2. My Nexus 6p running Oreo is so smooth so I can imagine how it would run on Google's new software. I'll be one of those people pre ordering it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'll be buying either the pixel 2 or xl2. My Nexus 6p running Oreo is so smooth so I can imagine how it would run on Google's new software. I'll be one of those people pre ordering it.

I seriously considered waiting for the xl2 but...I am in the market for a new phone - now :)

wardo

Reaction score
Screen ratio is lame imo but I'll still get it over the s8. Done with sammy.
What's up with the battery? Camera?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Huh?
"I'll still get it. Done with Sammy"?????

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've had reboots and it's been pretty laggy at times trying to do any multitasking, but I haven't given it a reset yet.

I was pretty set on the Pixel 2, but the XL2 looks too good. Especially compared to the Pixel 2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited: