Google's Pixel 2 Shows Up In GeekBench

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-pixel-2-leaked-main-jpg.77477

It looks like Google is already starting to test the Pixel 2. It has shown up as "Taimen" in the Geekbench app. This is rumored to be the larger "XL" version of the Pixel 2. According to Geekbench the new device will feature a Snapdragon 835 clocked at 1.9GHz, 4GB of RAM, and will be running the final build of Android O. As far as the Geekbench scores were concerned the phone scores 1804 on single core processing and 6248 on multi core processing. While the scores are impressive they don't quite beat the current geekbench champ, the OnePlus 5, with scores of 1963 and 6687 respectively.

via Geekbench

Attachments

• google-pixel-2-leaked-main.jpg
    google-pixel-2-leaked-main.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3,340

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
google-pixel-2-leaked-main-jpg.77477

It looks like Google is already starting to test the Pixel 2. It has shown up as "Taimen" in the Geekbench app. This is rumored to be the larger "XL" version of the Pixel 2. According to Geekbench the new device will feature a Snapdragon 835 clocked at 1.9GHz, 4GB of RAM, and will be running the final build of Android O. As far as the Geekbench scores were concerned the phone scores 1804 on single core processing and 6248 on multi core processing. While the scores are impressive they don't quite beat the current geekbench champ, the OnePlus 5, with scores of 1963 and 6687 respectively.

via Geekbench
If it end up looking like that with the specs that rival the iPhone and the Galaxy 8 then I'm game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My wife is through with her S7 Edge. She complains daily its slow and that she has to reboot it too often for it to be usable. I'm going to see if she wants my Pixel XL and maybe get the new one for myself. If she doesn't want mine, I'll keep my Pixel XL. Its really still a great phone, still very fast feeling and feels great. I personally don't mind the large bezels on the top and bottom.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My wife is through with her S7 Edge. She complains daily its slow and that she has to reboot it too often for it to be usable. I'm going to see if she wants my Pixel XL and maybe get the new one for myself. If she doesn't want mine, I'll keep my Pixel XL. Its really still a great phone, still very fast feeling and feels great. I personally don't mind the large bezels on the top and bottom.
It's why I hesitate to buy another Galaxy device. They start out as the smoothest phone on the market but slows down a year later while Nexus devices get faster.

Hardware on the S7 edge is better than my Nexus 6p, Nexus 6, and the pixel but I'm betting all 3 performs better.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
It's why I hesitate to buy another Galaxy device. They start out as the smoothest phone on the market but slows down a year later while Nexus devices get faster.

Hardware on the S7 edge is better than my Nexus 6p, Nexus 6, and the pixel but I'm betting all 3 performs better.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it's the horrid memory management Samsung has. When I was finally able to update my S6 to Nougat it felt like (and still does) a brand new phone. I'm starting to think Sammys are like windows PCs, its best to reload every once in a while.
Although, part of me is starting to think the conspiracy theory that these devices are built to last four years or less from the factory maybe true.