Google wants to hear from you how you feel about GV

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
google-voice-100430309-carousel.idge.jpg

If you have 10 minutes to spare and you use Google Voice, now integrated into Hangouts, then head over and fill out the survey about the app.
Personally I love Google Voice but I feel like it can be better. I am glad they integrated it into Hangouts but I would like to see a change to the UI as well as not having to download two apps (Hangouts and Google Voice Dialer).
If you have some opinions on the app now is a great time to share it with Google as your ideas may make its way to the app and make it a better app for Google and the community.
Click here to fill out the survey.
Source: Google wants your feedback on Google Voice Android Central

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
An Exclusive Early Look At Hangouts 4.0

Looks like I may be getting part of what I am asking for.

Yep. It's lookin' pretty good. If ya know what I mean. ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm glad Google is looking out for their products and really pushing Hangouts. I know I'm of the minority, but I find Hangouts super useful for my purposes. I hope they take that feedback towards future updates

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use hangouts for texts and the occasional hangouts message. I have my GV number setup in there, but I've stopped using it for voicemail, so I really don't use it very often at all, but I'm with you guys on being glad to see that they continue to work to evolve their products and services.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OMG YES!! I've been waiting for this functionality! I like being able to shoot someone a quick text from the watch and love being able to scroll back in a convo when they reply (or initiate), but that ability is gone as soon as I swipe the notification away. Being able to pull up a convo on the watch, while not completely game-changing, will be a nice bonus feature for me for sure.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
I get frustrated how GV is integrated into Hangouts, plus the icon to switch between SMS and Hangouts message is unreadable unless I have glasses nearby. I don't even know if I can unmerge them now. I've used a GV number since they first came out, so I use the SMS and voicemail heavily. (Nobody has my "real" number.) At least I gave it a try, but the interface is too blurred between phone/voice, SMS and Hangouts, and there are times I find I am dialing someone or replying via the wrong method. The merging itself is OK, but the interface IMHO is a trainwreck. Hope the newer version is clearer for usage.

BTW, the free GV calls so far are working fairly well, better than any other SIP provider I have used in the past, and on par with the best Skype-to-phone calls I have placed. Having the dialer integrated will be nice. I only have a T-Maybe 100 minute voice w/ 5GB data prepaid plan, so the less I use their phone network, the better.