Google Wallet...for those that don't already know

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Just an FYI for anybody that has been using/wants to use Google Wallet on their Verizon Nexus...the official app has finally been cleared for use on the VZW Galaxy Nexus (and other NFC-enabled phones on VZW, I'm sure). Just head on over to the Play Store and download it. If you had any other non-supported version installed on your device, you may have to uninstall it to get the official one to work.

I was sideloading the APKs that were posted on XDA's site until now. It was surprising to see that Verizon has finally allowed the app through. And it works.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Just an FYI for anybody that has been using/wants to use Google Wallet on their Verizon Nexus...the official app has finally been cleared for use on the VZW Galaxy Nexus (and other NFC-enabled phones on VZW, I'm sure). Just head on over to the Play Store and download it. If you had any other non-supported version installed on your device, you may have to uninstall it to get the official one to work.

I was sideloading the APKs that were posted on XDA's site until now. It was surprising to see that Verizon has finally allowed the app through. And it works.

I wonder if this means that they have given up on isis?

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I wonder if this means that they have given up on isis?

It appears to still be available in the Play Store (thought apparently incompatible with the G-Nex) so maybe it's not entirely dead yet.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, you're saying that folks on the S4, for example, can now re-install from the play store and have NFC?

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, so that didn't seem to work. The app itself works, but there is no NFC support. Did I miss something?

eeeeevo

Reaction score
The Google wallet doesn't show it supporting on any Verizon phones. Check it out to see if it works via tap and pay option

eeeeevo

Reaction score
The tap and pay option does not work on any Verizon phones period.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've been using the "official" Google Wallet, downloaded from the Play Store without any sideloading of APKs, without any issue.