google voice

Anthony 23

Reaction score
I have moto droid. Still 2.1. I downloaded the google voice app. I get as far as it says initializing,verify phone number. It takes a couple minutes then says can't verify number. Can someone please advise?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have moto droid. Still 2.1. I downloaded the google voice app. I get as far as it says initializing,verify phone number. It takes a couple minutes then says can't verify number. Can someone please advise?

Did you get a Google Voice number from Google? You need to request one from Google first.

Sorry if you already knew that, just trying to cover the basics.

OP
Anthony 23

Anthony 23

Reaction score
No I did not know that.I did get the invitation from google quite some time ago. I don't remember a number though. How do I get a number?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I did not know that.I did get the invitation from google quite some time ago. I don't remember a number though. How do I get a number?

They don't do invites anymore, just go to the google voice web site and sign up for Google Voice.

You should get your number within a few days and then you can set up your Google Voice on line. It needs your Cell number.

That's why it's not working.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to activate Google Voice for someone today and it seemed like it wasn't working because it just hung up with a tone. We tried dialing the *whatever number a few times. While doing that, I logged onto the google voice web site and poked around, clicking the activate this phone setting.

Anyway, it started working mysteriously after doing that.