google voice

Anthony 23

Reaction score
I have moto droid. Still 2.1. I downloaded the google voice app. I get as far as it says initializing,verify phone number. It takes a couple minutes then says can't verify number. Can someone please advise?

I have moto droid. Still 2.1. I downloaded the google voice app. I get as far as it says initializing,verify phone number. It takes a couple minutes then says can't verify number. Can someone please advise?

Did you get a Google Voice number from Google? You need to request one from Google first.

Sorry if you already knew that, just trying to cover the basics.

No I did not know that.I did get the invitation from google quite some time ago. I don't remember a number though. How do I get a number?

No I did not know that.I did get the invitation from google quite some time ago. I don't remember a number though. How do I get a number?

They don't do invites anymore, just go to the google voice web site and sign up for Google Voice.

You should get your number within a few days and then you can set up your Google Voice on line. It needs your Cell number.

That's why it's not working.

I had to activate Google Voice for someone today and it seemed like it wasn't working because it just hung up with a tone. We tried dialing the *whatever number a few times. While doing that, I logged onto the google voice web site and poked around, clicking the activate this phone setting.

Anyway, it started working mysteriously after doing that.

Back