Google Voice?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For the last month I have been carrying around 2 devices, my Droid Maxx and a test Sprint S5. I'm getting tired of switching between devices to answer text messages on the Maxx and then use internet/etc on the S5.

Is there a way to use Google Voice to have text messages from my Maxx go to the S5 so I might not need to carry 2 devices? I'm pretty unfamiliar with GV, so if you're knowledgeable, please give me elementary school instructions LOL

I am open to other suggestions/ideas if anyone has some.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I believe you can forward to any number in the GV setup page. I think I have set that way. Don't really remember as I usually don't mess with GV too much

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GV can forward to multiple cell phones (you can't, however, have multiple GV numbers going to the same cell).

As far as texts, I think this will only work if people are texting your GV number. You can also forward GV texts to your gmail, and respond from gmail (so you wouldn't even have to forward your GV number to your other cell).

beeray

Reaction score
I have my Gv # forwarded to my droid mini. I went into settings in Gv and checked off my cell # to be forwarded to my mini.

P

promo87

For the last month I have been carrying around 2 devices, my Droid Maxx and a test Sprint S5. I'm getting tired of switching between devices to answer text messages on the Maxx and then use internet/etc on the S5.

Is there a way to use Google Voice to have text messages from my Maxx go to the S5 so I might not need to carry 2 devices? I'm pretty unfamiliar with GV, so if you're knowledgeable, please give me elementary school instructions LOL

I am open to other suggestions/ideas if anyone has some.

Well, as far as I believe there is just no way to do that because in this way the privacy of the user gets breached ! So, nope there's is just no way out to do that ....