Google Voice voicemail service no longer working properly

Detonation

Reaction score
I have been using Google Voice for my voicemail (instead of VZW) without issues since I got a Droid. However, about a month ago I wiped/reset my phone (Droid X) and since then GV voicemail hasn't been right. When I miss or ignore a call, there's a short pause and then my phone starts ringing again instead of just sending them to voicemail. It now takes the caller twice as long to get to my VM, and my phone reports I have two missed calls. It's almost as if when the call is sent to GV, instead of the voicemail taking it, GV treats it as a new incoming call and forwards it to my phone again.

I've searched on this issue and it sounds like many other Verizon users are experiencing issues similar to this as of recent. I didn't change any settings on GV (web or app) but did double checked both to make sure everything was right still. Anyone else having a problem like this? Almost sounds like Verizon made some recent change on their end that's messing up GV (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on purpose cause they want people to pay for their $2.99 visual voicemail). I wasn't going to worry about this too much since I thought it was just my phone acting up and I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus whenever that comes out, but now I'm questioning if it will be messed up on that too.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
First, shouldn't be messed up on the Nexus, after all, why would Google let VZ ban their own service? dancedroid Second, have you tried uninstalling everything and starting over from scratch? All I was going to say is just to just make sure everything was checked right.

OP
Detonation

Detonation

Reaction score