Google Voice Question

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Just received a Google Voice invite last evening.

Trying to get everyone's opinion. Should I choose the option to use it with my existing number or use the option to get a Google Voice number?

If I use the Google Voice Number, will I be able to use that voice mail with my Verizon number for the Voicemail Transcription?

Just trying to get some input as to which option would be best.

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just received a Google Voice invite last evening.

Trying to get everyone's opinion. Should I choose the option to use it with my existing number or use the option to get a Google Voice number?

If I use the Google Voice Number, will I be able to use that voice mail with my Verizon number for the Voicemail Transcription?

Just trying to get some input as to which option would be best.

Thanks

I'd get a Google Voice number. You can have free texting and even free calling if you're on a friends and family plan. You can put your google voice number as a friend and make calls with it. It can save you money.

Sorry, can't tell you about voicemail transcription. I don't use that.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Get the Google Voice Number. When you set up the Google Voice app on your droid it will tell you to dial a phone number; that sets up Verizon to use GV for your voicemail.

I don't use the Google Voice number for anything, but I can still use the GV voicemail.

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll go with the Google Number option.