google voice problem- can't set up

CBLJazz

Reaction score
why was my wife given the same google # as me for gv?

i currently use gv for voice with no problems but during set up she was given the same # as me.

gv won't answer her calls is this because we have the same # or is there another problem?

Humpa

Reaction score
Two people (2 different accounts) won't have the same number. You guys need to use a different google account and you both have to sign up for GV (or the person who didnt yet sign up needs to sign up).

kmo

Reaction score
I'm confused? I picked my own GV number, how can you both have the same number? You're given options for what number you want to choose, not assigned by GV. Unless this has changed since I did mine...

slipperybrain

Reaction score
Did you both recently sign up for a GV account at the same time? Not sure why they would give you the same number. It is a 717 number I am guessing if you out of Philly. I had a lot of problems setting up my GV number to work as well but that was because I ported my cell number over from my iPhone the same time I was trying to set up my GV number.

slipperybrain

Reaction score
You can pick if you want GV to give you a number or you can choose your own. I picked for them to give me my number because I was only going to use it for Visual Voicemail and didnt really want to change my cell number to a GV number.

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I'm confused?

I'm confused too.
I signed up for gv 6 months ago and was given a non gv # associated with my account but I use my vzw #.
this non gv # appears in the top right of screen beside my email.

After I signed my wife up her gv won't work & they gave her my #.

When I log in to her account MY non-gv # is beside her email.