Google Voice, Many Problems

slinky

Reaction score
For the past few months my Google Voice Mail account has had numerous problems. I didn't realize it until I tried calling my number. I get an invalid number from several locations. Getting through to my voice mail either gave the caller a prompt to say their name and then a beep about 5 seconds after which records voice but the caller has no idea... or I get a message that the service isn't working. Apparently I am far from the only one. Virtually everyone I know with a number has the same issue in one shape or another. All of you using Google Voice Mail should check your numbers regularly if you plan to use the service. Mine was working well until something happened a few weeks or months ago.

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
More information:

1) You cannot dial Skype from the same computer if you are logged into Skype. Not sure why but Skype doesn't care and apparently it's up to Google to fix.

2) Same issues of no voice mail occur. Calling the phone gets either:

a) prompt to state your name, after you do a 2 second pause and a beep is heard which the person would have no idea is for leaving a message.

b) you get a non-working number error 14 switch 2 2-1 1

This is a very serious problem. I would advise many people to check their Google Voice Mail to ensure it works and ditch it entirely if it does not.

OP
slinky

slinky

Reaction score
I have fixed the problem - you must disable call screening in Google Voice. If you do not do so, your Voice Mail will probably not work properly.