Google voice for the win? Free SMS?

916dave

Reaction score
IMHO using google voices text app isnt worth it when weighed against $5/month for unlimited texting. It kicks ass for visual voicemail to prevent having to pay verizon for it

Where did you get the $5 unlimited texting plan, I would love to get signed up on that.

Eolly

Reaction score
For those of you wanting to recieve mms message have the person send it to your gmail.
You can also send pics via email to them. Just have to edit in hte @theircarrier.com in contacts and do it that way.

I still get mms messages and am able to send them back out. Its a slight pain in the ass but it works.

OP
M

mayerjackson

Reaction score
Ok, it seems like i am still sending and receiving messages that Verizon is picking up (i checked my messages this morning online and checked them tonight and they were both increased) So what do all the settings need to be on so that i can
A) Text without verizon charging me
B) See who texts my verizon number so that i can text them on my google number (I dont care if i cant read the message, i just need to know who texts me so that i could tell them to send their message to my google number)

I currently have handcent on my phone but the only notifications taht are on to my knowledge are the blinking light and the notification bar.

I also have the stock messaging app on my phone but i never use it. Thanks for the help!!!!

iDr0id

Reaction score
Your getting inbox texts through your google voice account right? Idk im curious about this too as I am too cheap to pay 30 dollars a month for unlimited texting, and my gf is on att and that is wehre a majority of my texts will go

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've had good and bad issues with Google Voice SMS. Some people get them jsut fine adn I receive them just fine, but others don't. Oh well, I pay for 250 and rarely use half of them.