DX Flashed to cricket google voice app problem

RiZzLiTo

Reaction score
i have recently installed the google voice app. ive been using google voice for a long time before trying to install the app. ive installed the app and its like took over my cricket phone number. when anybody tries to call my my cricket cell # it goes straight to google voicemail . i have removed the app and my number from my google voice account. but when you call my cell# it still goes to google vm. im lost i cant figure out how to recover my cell#. i cant receive any incoming calls at all. any assistance with this problem would be gladly apppreaciated.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will need to dial a certain number to remove it because it will still forward it to Google. It is different with every carrier. For Verizon, its *73 I believe.

Remember when you installed GV and it asked you to dial a number starting with a *? That is why your number is still tied to Google.

sent from my ApeX

OP
R

RiZzLiTo

Reaction score
You will need to dial a certain number to remove it because it will still forward it to Google. It is different with every carrier. For Verizon, its *73 I believe.

Remember when you installed GV and it asked you to dial a number starting with a *? That is why your number is still tied to Google.

sent from my ApeX

i tried the *71xxx-xxx-xxxx
it never worked

when trying to get rid of it i tried all *7 1-10 all with no results

csimo

Reaction score
Deleting your phone from Google Voice will not actually prevent your voicemail calls from going to Google voicemail. In order to switch back to your carrier's voicemail and deactivate your Google voicemail on your phone, click the gear icon at the top right of the Google Voice page, and select Voice settings. Then, select the Phones tab and click on Edit Select Deactivate and follow the prompts.

OP
R

RiZzLiTo

Reaction score
Deleting your phone from Google Voice will not actually prevent your voicemail calls from going to Google voicemail. In order to switch back to your carrier's voicemail and deactivate your Google voicemail on your phone, click the gear icon at the top right of the Google Voice page, and select Voice settings. Then, select the Phones tab and click on Edit Select Deactivate and follow the prompts.

it never let me activate it. so the deactivate option is not there.

csimo

Reaction score

Go into the same Phones tab, then select your Google Voice number then click Edit. Next to Carrier make sure it says Cricket. If it doesn't click on the Check Operator link.

OP
R

RiZzLiTo

Reaction score

Go into the same Phones tab, then select your Google Voice number then click Edit. Next to Carrier make sure it says Cricket. If it doesn't click on the Check Operator link.
yes it says cricket. i tried deleting my WHOLE GMAIL account and it is still not working.:icon_eek: i think my phone will need set back to factory settings, new flash, and number.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will need to figure out the number to remove the conditional call forwarding, like I said. It won't be *73, I was just using that as an example. It is different with every carrier.

sent from my ApeX

OP
R

RiZzLiTo

Reaction score
i figured it out after deleting my whole gmail account .

you have to dial *720 theres a tone then it hangs up automatically.

thanks to every for your assistance. very much appreciated.dancedroid