Google voice for voicemail

vettesfan

Reaction score
I recently set up google voice to handle my voicemails. Problem is that I didn't clear out my vzw voicemail inbox before changing my settings. When I dial *86 it gives me my google voice greeting and I cannot get into my vzw vm at all so I am stuck with an unchecked vm and the icon in the notification bar. Is there another way to get into my mailbox?
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dial your phone number from any phone ? then type the PW

OP
V

vettesfan

Reaction score
I tried that and it rings then goes tomy GV greeting no matter if I push # or just the pw. I have also tried delwting GV off my phone and went into menu

djdzam

Reaction score
You will have to disable google voice, check your voicemail, and change it back.

OP
V

vettesfan

Reaction score
I have tried that and it still calls the GV greeting. I an thinking i will ned to go into my GV account settings in the computer and change some settings.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I have tried that and it still calls the GV greeting. I an thinking i will ned to go into my GV account settings in the computer and change some settings.

Yes it has to be done on the gv website.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

djdzam

Reaction score
You will have to use the *86 code to go back to your old voicemail settings. Then switch it back.

OP
V

vettesfan

Reaction score
When I call *86 it just starts playing my gv greeting even work the settings switched to 'my carrier' fort handling vm

djdzam

Reaction score
Sorry I was wrong. Dial *73 on a verizon phone to reset to the original voicemail. Clear out the verizon VM. Then dial *71 plus your phone number to set your phone back to GV.

When you activate GV on your mobile number from the website it gives you those instructions.

OP
V

vettesfan

Reaction score
Sweet I got it to work thank you!