Google Video Chat w/ GOogle Talk

Parafly9

Reaction score
So... does google Talk use the front facing camera? I want to try video chat but It seems it's not supported yet in Google Talk.

xashaffer

Reaction score
On the TB I believe Skype will be the only working video chat program, but its still probably a few weeks away. From what they said at my local Verizon store this morning while picking mine up, it seems there were some contract issues at the last minute between Verizon and Skype.

higabyte

Reaction score
The chick at the Verizon store told me when I bought mine that Skype didn't work but that Google Video Chat was working through Talk. I didn't press much about it thinking I could figure it out when I got back to the hotel but had no luck.

I'm at the airport now, but when I get back into town, I'm gonna hit up my local Verizon and see what they say.

I would of loved to have Video Chat'd on my Thunderbolt with my wife and kids while I was out of town, luckily I still have my iPod to FaceTime... lol

yblaser

Reaction score
On the TB I believe Skype will be the only working video chat program, but its still probably a few weeks away.

I just downloaded Tango from the Market and it worked well with the TB and its FFC. Only issue was that the person I called said there was some audio noise on my end.

lee__D

Reaction score
Is there any phone to pc video chat avaiable?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

my friend signed onto yahoo's full site, went on the messenger (on his TB) and i was on yahoo on my laptop, and we video chatted

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
So the newest version of GTalk supports video chat apparently but we need to be on gingerbread. is there a gingerbread ROM out there?

TJF2011

Reaction score
The chick at the Verizon store told me when I bought mine that Skype didn't work but that Google Video Chat was working through Talk. I didn't press much about it thinking I could figure it out when I got back to the hotel but had no luck.

I'm at the airport now, but when I get back into town, I'm gonna hit up my local Verizon and see what they say.

I would of loved to have Video Chat'd on my Thunderbolt with my wife and kids while I was out of town, luckily I still have my iPod to FaceTime... lol

I have video chat on my tb using the skype that was leaked on one of the forums here.. video and audio quality is great.. im able to video chat with my family when im gone..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jogutier

Reaction score
Skype, and Tango

I've been using Skype and Tango, but :icon_ banana:Tangodancedroid is the one that's been shinning for me. :icon_ banana:dancedroid