Video Chat

Juststevenva

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck using the front facing cam for video chat yet and if so using what program? I tried oooVooo and had it set for front facing cam but it didn't do a thing

EM0112

Reaction score
yeah i have used fring and its a no go neither it uses the back camera and not the front camera.

OP
J

Juststevenva

Reaction score
Well this just blows .... whats the use if ya can't use the damn thing

MadScientist

Reaction score
Well this just blows .... whats the use if ya can't use the damn thing

I did download Skype mobile and upon opening it for the first time it says that its currently not available for my phone but they are working on a software update and it will be out soon for support.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Used Fringe and worked great. You can switch from the front to back with the cameras. Tried ooVoo and it worked only from back camera. Skype still a no go.. interesting thing though. I rooted last night and flashed the system file before the one that you all have on the phone now, and Skype was baked into the system. Didn't work but explains that last update Verizon did before launch as well as some other minor things... So with that IMO Skype will be coming.. soon.. wait.. is it to early from our hypebeast to say coming soon...

Gibsond

Reaction score
download yahoo messenger, then download yahoo messenger plug in and your good to chat computers or anybody else with the app. My brother also said tango works but i havent tried that.

OP
J

Juststevenva

Reaction score
Yea I've read the same about Skype and can't wait till it's out

xXJakeXx

Reaction score
download yahoo messenger, then download yahoo messenger plug in and your good to chat computers or anybody else with the app. My brother also said tango works but i havent tried that.

From were, the market?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

2001400ex

Reaction score
Is this not a Google phone? Is it really too much to ask for Google video chat to work? I mean seriously.

Gibsond

Reaction score

From were, the market?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

yes just search "yahoo messenger" then "yahoo messenger plug-in"

droidedin

Reaction score
Front Facing Chat

Used Fringe and worked great. You can switch from the front to back with the cameras. Tried ooVoo and it worked only from back camera. Skype still a no go.. interesting thing though. I rooted last night and flashed the system file before the one that you all have on the phone now, and Skype was baked into the system. Didn't work but explains that last update Verizon did before launch as well as some other minor things... So with that IMO Skype will be coming.. soon.. wait.. is it to early from our hypebeast to say coming soon...

How do you switch to the front facing camera?

My Fring defaults to the back, and I cant figure out how to change it..

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
Tango

Use tango..ive talked to my sister with an ipod touch, my friend with a dx..of course he has to look into the camera for me to look at him...my friend with an evo..works great!

They can see me and I can see them...if they dont have a ffc then they have to look at their camera but..thats because they dont have the sweet ffc

Tango is where its at!

Beka27

Reaction score
Has anyone used their FFC to video chat yet? We've never done this and aren't sure what/how you go about doing that? Is there a built-in program or do we need to download an app from the market?