Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
How can it "just work" then? lol I think the ppl that believe it "just works" dont wanna believe that it doesnt...

because there's no such thing as perfect software or hardware. anyone who says the iphone is infallible and has no flaws is a fool, because it does. however, and like i said, its the consensus everywhere except android-centric sites, the iphone simply is easier to use, and doesn't have as many issues as android. android is not as polished as ios and there are far more quirks in android then there are in iOS.

apps especially...i think its ridiculous that people are trying to compare the stability of android apps to ios apps. yes, there are apps on both platforms that suck and dont work, but there are far more problems with android apps then there are with ios apps.

Natey2

Reaction score
because there's no such thing as perfect software or hardware. anyone who says the iphone is infallible and has no flaws is a fool, because it does. however, and like i said, its the consensus everywhere except android-centric sites, the iphone simply is easier to use, and doesn't have as many issues as android. android is not as polished as ios and there are far more quirks in android then there are in iOS.

apps especially...i think its ridiculous that people are trying to compare the stability of android apps to ios apps. yes, there are apps on both platforms that suck and dont work, but there are far more problems with android apps then there are with ios apps.

+1 ! I couldn't agree more.
And I have never owned an Apple product, except for the Apple ][ a very long time ago :)
Speaking to iPhone owners, they find Android rebooting by itself very amusing. And also Android users having to remove the battery to recover (when the phone gets locked up).
Hmmm... I wonder if stock (i.e. not jailbroken) iPhone users have to do frequent factory data resets like stock Android users have to... :)
Maybe someday Google will fix all of this. But wait. It's not their fault... it must be the Carrier's customization.. or maybe the Manufacturer's customization that causes all the problems.. Let the end user deal with it... they'll figure out something. :^)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Markster1

Reaction score
Not hard resets but have to do soft resets every now and then when it freezes up by holding power and home button down til it restarts.

Tapatalk on Incredible 2

Markster1

Reaction score
I did have a problem with my first ipod a long time so where my songs kept disappearing after an ios update. I would have to reset it to see them again. I probably reset that thing 50 times. Their next ios update fixed that but apple does indeed have bugs with their stuff.

Tapatalk on Incredible 2

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did have a problem with my first ipod a long time so where my songs kept disappearing after an ios update. I would have to reset it to see them again. I probably reset that thing 50 times. Their next ios update fixed that but apple does indeed have bugs with their stuff.

Tapatalk on Incredible 2

Its true about the bugs, one time I opened up my Mac box and an ant crawled out, stupid bugs.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Markster1

Reaction score
Its true about the bugs, one time I opened up my Mac box and an ant crawled out, stupid bugs.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

It was after that sweet apple!

Tapatalk on Incredible 2

alboboy10

Reaction score
+1 ! I couldn't agree more.
And I have never owned an Apple product, except for the Apple ][ a very long time ago :)
Speaking to iPhone owners, they find Android rebooting by itself very amusing. And also Android users having to remove the battery to recover (when the phone gets locked up).
Hmmm... I wonder if stock (i.e. not jailbroken) iPhone users have to do frequent factory data resets like stock Android users have to... :)
Maybe someday Google will fix all of this. But wait. It's not their fault... it must be the Carrier's customization.. or maybe the Manufacturer's customization that causes all the problems.. Let the end user deal with it... they'll figure out something. :^)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

They have other problems...my friends have returned their phones because they crashed, became unusable. One of them had this problem where he couldn't swype the slider to the right to pick up the phone call, which is just a glitch. I'm sure they have more problems which they don't tell me about because they love apple.

jjhiza

Reaction score
Apple won the injunction against samsung and successfully blocked the sale of its Galaxy Tab. If it took this long for Samsung's legal team to realize that photos of the device "allegedly" were doctored, everyone on that counsel should be fired.

Agreed, 100% on this point. Samsung lawyers really dropped the ball if they missed the reported evidence tampering. The injunction has (as of yesterday) been lifted in countries other than Germany, since the ruling court has no jurisdiction on patents in other parts of the EU. Looks like Apple will have to file suits in every country on the planet, in order to get what they want...lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Agreed, 100% on this point. Samsung lawyers really dropped the ball if they missed the reported evidence tampering. The injunction has (as of yesterday) been lifted in countries other than Germany, since the ruling court has no jurisdiction on patents in other parts of the EU. Looks like Apple will have to file suits in every country on the planet, in order to get what they want...lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

maybe thats why they hired Cyanogen maybe he pointed out the doctored pics :)
apple beeter not make an iphone that needs a battery pull that would be bad since you cant remove or replace the battery.
and its not google or android that has the problmes that occur its the phone manufactures drivers and or implemenation of the android source code that caused problems.
ita amazing how everyone forgets about the whole your holding it wrong attenna issues. this was a hardware issue not a software one unless you count rubber bumbers as software :)
yeah not everyone is affected as not everyone is by the android problem phones either.

iphones compared to android is like macs compared to windows.
1 is desgined for 1 piece of hardware and allows you do do some things but only 1 way.
the other is designed to work with multiple hardware configurations and allows you to do the same things in multiple ways.

its really a preference. I prefer windows and android. and guess what i hang in wiondows and android forums. i dont go to apple forums and state how much better i thik windows is , why because i dont care what people use. just kinda tired of people being blind to their preference and forget about the problems their favorite has but point out every little problem the competition has.

im sorry for typos but i think i was holding my keyboard wrong.