Google Talk Question

strobez395

Reaction score
If I did google talk with my friend who is in France right now, I'm in the United States. There wouldn't be any extra charges like roaming or whatnot right? It would be the same as if they were here and we were talking with google talk

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I don't use Google Talk. Isn't it just an IM program? If so, then you would be correct. It's data, not voice, so no long distance.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
If I did google talk with my friend who is in France right now, I'm in the United States. There wouldn't be any extra charges like roaming or whatnot right? It would be the same as if they were here and we were talking with google talk

You are correct. Gtalk is an instant message application that will not charge you any kind of roaming or long distance. So chat away with all your friends no matter where they are on Gtalk.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Careful - I think people may be talking about different features of "Google Talk" and "Google Voice". The OP didn't mention "chat". He mentioned "talking" to a friend in France. Yes, Google chat is free, but using Google Voice to make international calls to someone on a telephone is NOT FREE (although it IS pretty cheap).

Last edited:

shamus

Reaction score
Careful - I think people may be talking about different features that are all part of "Google Voice". The OP didn't mention "chat". He mentioned "talking" to a friend in France. Yes, Google chat is free, but using Google Voice to make international calls to someone on a telephone is NOT FREE (although it IS pretty cheap).

He mentions Talk in the original post. Right in the first sentence.

OP
S

strobez395

Reaction score
Yeah i'm talking about the chat, using data, google talk not voice