Google Still Plans to Continue Selling the Nexus 5 with Android Lollipop Included

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-5-lollipop.png

It was a very busy day yesterday, so please forgive us for not getting to this sooner. It turns out that Google is still planning to continue the Nexus 5. Below we have a link to Google's new marketing landing page for the Nexus 5. It shows off the LG-made device with the new Android 5.0 Lollipop. This gives folks who don't want the monstrous 6-inch Nexus 6 a chance to get the perfectly balanced 5-inch Nexus 5, only straight from the factory with Android Lollipop.

It looks like it will remain at its current $349.99 price level, so it makes for a less expensive option as well. Here's the link to the Nexus 5 landing page: Nexus 5 Google

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Was this an afterthought based on feedback about the 6 being too big or was this all part of the original plan?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Part of the original plan. Supposedly, Google was thinking about developing a smaller version of the Nexus 6 with Motorola, but in the long run they opted to just continue the current Nexus 5 line. The actual link for the Nexus 5 was available yesterday, we just missed it!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea....sort of. I mean I would like to see Google release an updated version of the Nexus 5. But given fans wanted a more price friendly device that is still small the nexus 5 actually fit that especially at the current price point and specs. Plus you have Moto with the G and E as well as Android One and I think the only gap Google has left to feel would have been to release an updated Nexus 4 with LTE radios and a boost in specs for those who want a smaller phone....problem is google have to be careful not to over saturate the market. We could argue that the market is already getting over saturated .